User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you're not in warranty it should be OK. I believe grand design will void your frame warranty with that particular hitch set up. I think the only allow the goose box.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm purchasing a new 337rls and this is the first person to say anything about the Andersen ultimate hitch voiding The Grand Design frame warranty. What do you base that on sir? Or is it just your own personal feelings or do you have any thing as far as actual experience and having frame warranty denied due to the Andersen ultimate hitch?
    Barry:D
    USN Retired
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, many mods, B&W rollball Gooseneck hitch and Anderson Ultimate adaptor
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, TorxLift stairs, bug screens on Furnace, HWH, Fridge, Cross bar on screen door
    Yanmar Sc2450

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The grand Designs dealer I just purchased our solitude from. I to want to go to a goose neck and the dealer told me to wait until I can get hold of grand Designs to get a firm answer. Its not the hitch in the truck that's the problem it's how the part on the king pin puts extra torque on the box. Thats how I had it explained to me.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I will call them tomorrow and also talk to my dealer and have them get an answer for me but when I told him that's the hitch that I wanted to put on my truck they didn't see that it was any problem
    USN Retired
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, many mods, B&W rollball Gooseneck hitch and Anderson Ultimate adaptor
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, TorxLift stairs, bug screens on Furnace, HWH, Fridge, Cross bar on screen door
    Yanmar Sc2450

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also the Solitude has another thousand pounds or so on the hitch that the reflection doesn't so it'll be interesting to see what both my dealer and Grand Design says. I will post the results when I get them.
    USN Retired
    Yanmar Sc2450

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design will most likely defer to Lippert as they are the frame builders. Lippert will tell you that the only gooseneck hitch approved is the Reese Goosebox. As far as the Andersen goes, there have been conflicting reports that some have gotten a "yes, you can" to "no, you can't". If I was to guess, I'd say they'll respond with a no.

Andersen advertises it's own liability insurance policy for any damage caused by the use of its hitch.

I've owned and used the Andersen steel gooseball version for 3 years and no issues. However if I was to do it again, I'd look hard at the Reese. Although the Andersen is easy to remove the goosebox is even easier as it's permanently connected to the RV.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will not void your warranty with the Anderson hitch. If you would use a standard gooseneck adaptor (connects the kingpin directly to the gooseball), this changes the pull angle and increases the stress on the frame. This would void your warranty. The Anderson essentially raises the gooseball, keeping the pull angle the same as a 5th wheel.

You will love this setup.
    Ryan and Christina
    Vin - 2018 Ram 2500 crewcab, shortbed, diesel
    Coco - Reflection 303RLS
    Anderson 3220 hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was seriously considering the Anderson hitch as well as the Pullrite Superlite 2600. But then I researched the Goosebox and that is the one I went with. I really like the Goosebox and have not had any issues with it in the year that I've had it. The best part is I get full use of my bed once the trailer is disconnected without having to remove anything. And last but not least since Lippert owns Reese they are the ones who designed the goosebox so there is no questions about the frame warranty. I called Lippert and they told me the frame warranty would not be voided if I used the goosebox.
    Last edited by mcrider2; 10-10-2019 at 05:29 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I have already purchased the Anderson ultimate I will figure a way
    I will be calling GD, my dealer, and Lippert and see what they say. This is turning into an interesting situation
    USN Retired
    Yanmar Sc2450

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to call Andersen, as well.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast