User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First GD said to call Lippert. Lippert said the warranty would be voided on the frame with the Anderson Ultimate. Anderson said they will pay for the repairs if it was their fault. Whatever that means.

Anyway I am going to run the Anderson Ultimate and pay attention to the torque values and enjoy my new Reflection when ever I get it. There are to many folks out their running the AU that are very happy with it.

Thanks to all for their input.
    Barry:D
    USN Retired
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, many mods, B&W rollball Gooseneck hitch and Anderson Ultimate adaptor
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, TorxLift stairs, bug screens on Furnace, HWH, Fridge, Cross bar on screen door
    Yanmar Sc2450

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with "if it's our fault " is you have to prove the weld that just broke was bad ( that's what Anderson will say). And lippard will say because you moved the coupling point back, it applied torque that was not engineered into their design. And then consider your insurance carrier, if a weld breaks causing an accident, their going to go to the manufacturer to recoup their payout. Until the manufacturer says you put on an accessory that caused the problem. It's a snowball that rolls down hill and your at the bottom.
    I went through this with Kawasaki.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauderer View Post
    First GD said to call Lippert. Lippert said the warranty would be voided on the frame with the Anderson Ultimate. Anderson said they will pay for the repairs if it was their fault. Whatever that means.

Anyway I am going to run the Anderson Ultimate and pay attention to the torque values and enjoy my new Reflection when ever I get it. There are to many folks out their running the AU that are very happy with it.

Thanks to all for their input.
    Ask Lippert if they will put that in writing.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll put it in writing, the problem is you'll have to prove who's product was at fault. You'll need to hire engineers, have a means to stress test other units that have not failed, x-ray machines to look at welds and so on. And ofcourse no insurance will pay if someone gets injured in an accident because Lippard is going to point the finger at you for putting it on, and Anderson will say you bought a bad unit.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can speculate forever and until something happens wr won't know
    Again thanks for all the input
    USN Retired
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, many mods, B&W rollball Gooseneck hitch and Anderson Ultimate adaptor
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, TorxLift stairs, bug screens on Furnace, HWH, Fridge, Cross bar on screen door
    Yanmar Sc2450

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to throw water on your fire but IMO you should check the towing and cargo capacity of your truck. We bought a 19" 337RLS and tried to tow it with a 15" GMC 2500 dbl cab SW 4x4 6.2 gasser. It was all the truck could handle and more, maxed out. 5-7 mpg towing (14 mpg not towing) white knuckle ride and drive. We traded up to a 19" 3500 CC SW 6.6.bed 6.6 duramax which made all the difference in the world. Lots of power, 10-12 MPG towing (19-20 mpg not towing) comfortable ride and comfortable handling.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
    Hate to throw water on your fire but IMO you should check the towing and cargo capacity of your truck. We bought a 19" 337RLS and tried to tow it with a 15" GMC 2500 dbl cab SW 4x4 6.2 gasser. It was all the truck could handle and more, maxed out. 5-7 mpg towing (14 mpg not towing) white knuckle ride and drive. We traded up to a 19" 3500 CC SW 6.6.bed 6.6 duramax which made all the difference in the world. Lots of power, 10-12 MPG towing (19-20 mpg not towing) comfortable ride and comfortable handling.
    Greenjeans you aren't throwing water on my fire. My 07 LBZ Duramax is pushing 450 hp. The suspension has been upgraded with a heavy duty rear sway bar (factory did not have a rear sway bar in 07), airbags, and gas shocks. Running 285x17 E series tires. Truck from factory is rated for for 14K towing and the rear axle in the 2500 is the same that is in the 3500. Transmission has been built and has a Suncoast triple disc torque converter. I installed a PPE transmission cooler and towing my travel trailer never exceeds 100*F over ambient. I understand where you are coming from an if I had any doubts I would upgrade to a dually.
    USN Retired
    Yanmar Sc2450

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauderer View Post
    Greenjeans you aren't throwing water on my fire. My 07 LBZ Duramax is pushing 450 hp. The suspension has been upgraded with a heavy duty rear sway bar (factory did not have a rear sway bar in 07), airbags, and gas shocks. Running 285x17 E series tires. Truck from factory is rated for for 14K towing and the rear axle in the 2500 is the same that is in the 3500. Transmission has been built and has a Suncoast triple disc torque converter. I installed a PPE transmission cooler and towing my travel trailer never exceeds 100*F over ambient. I understand where you are coming from an if I had any doubts I would upgrade to a dually.
    Barry - apologize in advance for taking your thread off course but your signature with the following statement has me curious as to where this came from......who told you this ? Any specifics on what parts ?

........."build date delayed till November due to chinese tariffs on some of the parts they use"

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good, I saw "with mods" but no details, enjoy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Barry - apologize in advance for taking your thread off course but your signature with the following statement has me curious as to where this came from......who told you this ? Any specifics on what parts ?

........."build date delayed till November due to chinese tariffs on some of the parts they use"

Dan
    Dan, it came from my dealer when they checked with the factory on the build date. Do you have any information on the situation?
    USN Retired
    Yanmar Sc2450

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast