User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElSimon View Post
    One recommendation I would make is to leave the locking pin pulled out whenever the trailer is not hitched. It is just one less thing to have to remember when you hitch up. Yes, there is a story behind that but don't ask.
    Aw don't feel bad ElSimon. I have probably done worse!! Hehehe. Did I tell you that Mr Murphy really loves me!!
    Barry:D
    USN Retired
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, many mods, B&W rollball Gooseneck hitch and Anderson Ultimate adaptor
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, TorxLift stairs, bug screens on Furnace, HWH, Fridge, Cross bar on screen door
    Yanmar Sc2450

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry, How is the Andersen Ultimate hitch and tow vehicle working out? Have you been on a trip yet? We just bought a 2018 303rls and Andersen hitch. Have not towed home yet.

Bill & Jan

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, I like the magnet solution. How is it working out? How large of magnet?

Bill & Jan

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    John, I like the magnet solution. How is it working out? How large of magnet?

Bill & Jan
    Here you go, about 3". Works great
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magnet latch 2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	23834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magnet latch 1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	23835
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry, How is the Andersen Ultimate hitch and tow vehicle working out? Have you been on a trip yet? We just bought a 2018 303rls and Andersen hitch. Have not towed home yet.

Bill & Jan
    Bill, the Anderson hitch his working great I have plenty of articulation when I need to back in someplace I just have to watch it I haven't hit anything yet and I don't want to push it hard even on uneven surfaces it's doing well. Truck tows it like it's a dream. I'm sure you will like yours pay attention to what your dealer says about tightening those Allen head screws to 40 foot pounds every couple of trips. We are at the campground today and it's raining like all get-out glad we've got our new reflection
    USN Retired
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, many mods, B&W rollball Gooseneck hitch and Anderson Ultimate adaptor
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, TorxLift stairs, bug screens on Furnace, HWH, Fridge, Cross bar on screen door
    Yanmar Sc2450

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding, Barry. Good info on tightening bolts and set screws. Let the fifth wheel learning experience begin. Have a merry Christmas and hope to see ya on the road some day. Georgia is on our camping trip list this year as one of our sons live in Atlanta and lake Martin, AL. Maybe you can recommend good campgrounds.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry, your post convinced me to use the AUH on our 303rls. Have read much about pro / cons of the AUH and am not a pin box engineer. Have been very happy with AUH but a little when reading post regarding Lippert pin box/AUH. What has been your experience with your set up as I have similar and even installed Hellwig bags on my Silverado 2500. Had Sumo springs and do not notice much change with bags. What psi do you run with?

Bill G

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill & Jan
    Bill, sorry for not keeping up with the thread. I have towed at total of 300 mi. so far and it is great. It handles much better than the travel trailer and is rock stable. Have youb towed yours yet?
    USN Retired
    Yanmar Sc2450

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry, your post convinced me to use the AUH on our 303rls. Have read much about pro / cons of the AUH and am not a pin box engineer. Have been very happy with AUH but a little when reading post regarding Lippert pin box/AUH. What has been your experience with your set up as I have similar and even installed Hellwig bags on my Silverado 2500. Had Sumo springs and do not notice much change with bags. What psi do you run with?

Bill G
    with the trailer I use 50 psi in my airbags. Does your 2500 have a rear sway bar? if not and you notice any uncomfortable handling I strongly recommend one. I used the Helliwig heavy duty sway bar and couldn't be happier with the handling. Since mine is an 07 Sierra Classic I just got new poly urethane bushings for my fron sway bar to tighten up the front suspension some. Stay in touch and PM me what is going on.
    USN Retired
    Yanmar Sc2450

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill G
    with the trailer I use 50 psi in my airbags. Does your 2500 have a rear sway bar? if not and you notice any uncomfortable handling I strongly recommend one. I used the Helliwig heavy duty sway bar and couldn't be happier with the handling. Since mine is an 07 Sierra Classic I just got new poly urethane bushings for my fron sway bar to tighten up the front suspension some. Stay in touch and PM me what is going on. I noticed you are in the San Antonio area. We are towing out their the first week in June. If you aren't on the road maybe we can get together swap some lies and kick some tires.
    USN Retired
    Yanmar Sc2450

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast