User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Fifth Wheel towing and need some advice

Hi guys, newbie here, just bought a 380 FL, i pick it up in a few weeks. I have a 2018 3500 Ram Dually 6' bed.

I just today got an Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel connection Gooseneck Mount,

After installing and actually reading the instructions I realize that the RV Pinbox on my GD is a Rotaflex, The instructions on the Anderson tells me I need to install a lockout kit to use the Rotaflex.

After reviewing the kits I see the purpose and it should be an easy attachment. i see how it locks out the flexing forward and backwards and also stops the rubber easing out over time.

My biggest concern is will this effect the warranty on the GD ? Can anyone assist with some input ?

thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By itself, using an Andersen Ultimate Hitch does not void the GD warranty or LCI frame warranty, but it is designed to be used with a fixed pin box and hence the need for the lock-out on the Rotaflex. Cannot comment on the specific warranty on the Rotaflex when used with a lock-out.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the conversation fourth down from the top here, I would check before you make a decision. Always good to be sure. Sorry about that will be 5th now.
    Last edited by Jayco-man; 10-19-2019 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Add text