User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acacia987 View Post
    I also like that the 23BHE is very usable with the slide in, not sure if its that way with the 2400BH.
    That's one very big negative of the 2400BH. Not only is it not usable with the slide in, you can't get to the "bedroom" area due to the fridge blocking the door. So you would have to either run the slide out when packing up to leave or just store it somewhere until you get there. Also, you have to remember to get everything out before you leave. I haven't had the chance to see the 23BHE with the slide in but it looks like there is clearance to get to the bed. I didn't even think about it being usable with the slide in, I was just happy to see you can access the whole camper. I also like that the slide is so short but creates so much space. Normally the slide only moves furniture out, I like how it opens up the floor.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acacia987 View Post
    I also like that the 23BHE is very usable with the slide in, not sure if its that way with the 2400BH.
    That's one very big negative of the 2400BH. Not only is it not usable with the slide in, you can't get to the "bedroom" area due to the fridge blocking the door. So you would have to either run the slide out when packing up to leave or just store it somewhere until you get there. Also, you have to remember to get everything out before you leave. I haven't had the chance to see the 23BHE with the slide in but it looks like there is clearance to get to the bed. I didn't even think about it being usable with the slide in, I was just happy to see you can access the whole camper. I also like that the slide is so short but creates so much space. Normally the slide only moves furniture out, I like how it opens up the floor.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id say 23bhe is 100% usable with the slide in.
    Andrew
    2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our 23BHE as we went from a 2018 Starcraft 187TB tent trailer. It has so much space even with the slide in and accessible to the bedroom. We only took delivery in late October and can't wait for the first camping trip with it. Pulling it with our 2018 Tahoe is easy without any struggle. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191025_125932[1].jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	23886

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear about the tahoe, im looking to upgrade to a used ford expedition from my 2006 Sequoia this spring.
    Andrew
    2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a great little camper. Purchased mine in sept 2019. Since then I have used it for some work travel and vacation time with the wife and kiddo. I have spent in total about 3 months using it. I’ve towed about 3,000 miles so far. Knock on wood everything working fine. Including the little pump under the sink. It really doesn’t seem to run too often unless I dump large volume in the sink at once (pot of water etc)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well definitely noticed a smell coming from the box a week or two after my last trip. seems the box is not airtight. i figure i can tape it around the seems, or possible a teaspoon of bleach bleach down the sink after trips. Anyone else noticed this?
    Andrew
    2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pump ceased to work last weekend resulting in water overflowing onto the floor under the sink. Until that point, I didn't know this box even existed on my 23BHE. I should have checked earlier because there was already a smell coming from under the sink. As others have mentioned in the posts above, the pump must have been an afterthought to overcome a drainage problem. But the use of the pump itself causes another problem as food particles and grease get stuck in the box, hence the smell. This eventually leads to the pump failing IF you don't clean out the box. This maintenance issue was not mentioned to me during my walkthrough, and neither is it mentioned in the manual (Yes, it must be an afterthought!). To clean the box properly, you really have to take it out and give it a good wash and rinse. Therein lies the problem, as the pump is wired to the 12V system and the hoses have been attached with permanent clamps.

For a quick fix, after I buy a new pump box, I will use wire nuts to connect the pump up and some butterfly hose clamps. This should allow for an easier removal for future cleaning. However, a better longer term solution may involve installing a grease trap.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra seating

Quote Originally Posted by packerprogrammer View Post
    I feel like this is a new challenge for me. Too bad the closest dealer is over an hour away. I assume since you got the bunk model, you travel with more than just 2 people. How did you find the dinette? We typically don't eat at the dinette while camping unless the weather is bad. We noticed it is just a few inches shorter than we would like. I think it will fit 2 adults and 2 young people fine. We tend to camp with the inlaws and the outlaws some. We may just have to stick to someone else's camper if we all want to go inside.
    I put a folding chair at the end of the table, for extra seating. I fold it and slide it under the table while traveling. It would depend on the size of the people, but I have had 5 people sit at the table.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a sump box that contains a pump and a float switch. Commonly used on boats for a shower sump. In this case it is probably used to compensate for a problem with gravity flow from the sink to the grey tank because of location or the inability to use solid piping because the kitchen is in a slide.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast