User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine XLS 23BHE kitchen sink waste pump?

I am not sure why this exists, but i have a waste pump under my kitchen sink. The kitchen is on a slide, maybe that has something to do with it. it has a float that triggers the pump. i asked the tech about it during walk through, but he had no clue (not a great feeling for me).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190925_161900.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	22806Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190925_161853.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	22807
    Last edited by acacia987; 09-25-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    Andrew
    2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acacia987 View Post
    I am not sure why this exists, but i have a waste pump under my kitchen sink. The kitchen is on a slide, maybe that has something to do with it. it has a float that triggers the pump. i asked the tech about it during walk through, but he had no clue (not a great feeling for me).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190925_161900.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	22806Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190925_161853.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	22807
    I finally got out to look at the 23BHE myself today. I've been eyeing this one heavy. The pump under the sink concerns me a little. I asked the sales guy and of course he had no clue. I may call GD about this. Is it very loud when it comes on? I was also going to ask about the 2 drains for the grey water. Are there 2 grey tanks with a separate one for the kitchen? Curious overall how happy you are. Thanks!

Garrett

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, must be some desirable floor plan to warrant a pump to perform the job that gravity can’t. I wanted a laundry sink next to my basement washer, but septic pipe exits the house just below the first floor. We purchased a 2 gallon sump (bolted closed). It’s been there for more than 15 years, works fine, but I’m not sure I’d want to see or smell what’s inside. Double, if the water being moved had food particles in it.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by packerprogrammer View Post
    I finally got out to look at the 23BHE myself today. I've been eyeing this one heavy. The pump under the sink concerns me a little. I asked the sales guy and of course he had no clue. I may call GD about this. Is it very loud when it comes on? I was also going to ask about the 2 drains for the grey water. Are there 2 grey tanks with a separate one for the kitchen? Curious overall how happy you are. Thanks!

Garrett
    You are correct about the grey tank situation in our camper.

The pump is not very loud. If you do call GD let me know what the reasoning for it is. It just seems like another thing that could brake in the future. I just winterized yesterday and made sure i added enough antifreeze for it to cycle once.

So far so good. it takes a while to get all the accessories and the camper set up the way you like it (this is our first camper). We have only done a quick weekend trip so far. We are planning on getting a new tow vehicle in the near future and have a couple trips planned for next year.

couple things here and there i had to fix . Nothing out of the ordinary for a mid-low end grade light trailer.
    Andrew
    2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct about the grey tank situation in our camper.

The pump is not very loud. If you do call GD let me know what the reasoning for it is. It just seems like another thing that could brake in the future. I just winterized yesterday and made sure i added enough antifreeze for it to cycle once.

So far so good. it takes a while to get all the accessories and the camper set up the way you like it (this is our first camper). We have only done a quick weekend trip so far. We are planning on getting a new tow vehicle in the near future and have a couple trips planned for next year.

couple things here and there i had to fix . Nothing out of the ordinary for a mid-low end grade light trailer.
    Thanks for the reply, I had not thought about extra anti freeze. That's another small hassle. Glad to know it's not very loud. I've seen campers with kitchens on the slide with no pump. It must be because the slide is on the same level as the floor and it must have to go up and over something to drain. I suppose a pump is better than drain issues, but I too worry about the extra maintenance. It also really bothers me that the person doing the walk-through didn't know about it. I'll cut the sales dude some slack, I know it's a new model but I always feel like I know these campers better than the people selling and working on them.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Wow, must be some desirable floor plan to warrant a pump to perform the job that gravity can’t. I wanted a laundry sink next to my basement washer, but septic pipe exits the house just below the first floor. We purchased a 2 gallon sump (bolted closed). It’s been there for more than 15 years, works fine, but I’m not sure I’d want to see or smell what’s inside. Double, if the water being moved had food particles in it.
    N
    It is very desirable...and it's new. The setup creates a ton of open floor space for such a lightweight camper. I really like the 2400BH but it's just enough longer and heavier that the 23BHE appeals to me more. I have enough tow vehicle but I have a driveway issue. Also, the three of us and some engineer seem to be the only people that know. I'm guessing the pump was an add on after lots of factory testing. I assume the original plan did not include one, but real world testing proved otherwise.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was definitely one of those things that slipped by when we were looking at this floor plan, although i doubt it would cause us to look at a different model/line. There are a couple different models in the XLS line with sliding kitchens, i wonder if they have the same pump system.
    Andrew
    2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was definitely one of those things that slipped by when we were looking at this floor plan, although i doubt it would cause us to look at a different model/line. There are a couple different models in the XLS line with sliding kitchens, i wonder if they have the same pump system.
    I feel like this is a new challenge for me. Too bad the closest dealer is over an hour away. I assume since you got the bunk model, you travel with more than just 2 people. How did you find the dinette? We typically don't eat at the dinette while camping unless the weather is bad. We noticed it is just a few inches shorter than we would like. I think it will fit 2 adults and 2 young people fine. We tend to camp with the inlaws and the outlaws some. We may just have to stick to someone else's camper if we all want to go inside.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also like that the 23BHE is very usable with the slide in, not sure if its that way with the 2400BH.
    Andrew
    2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by packerprogrammer View Post
    I feel like this is a new challenge for me. Too bad the closest dealer is over an hour away. I assume since you got the bunk model, you travel with more than just 2 people. How did you find the dinette? We typically don't eat at the dinette while camping unless the weather is bad. We noticed it is just a few inches shorter than we would like. I think it will fit 2 adults and 2 young people fine. We tend to camp with the inlaws and the outlaws some. We may just have to stick to someone else's camper if we all want to go inside.
    most 2 adults and 2 teens would fit fine.
    Andrew
    2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast