User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine XLS 22MLE ??

Hello everyone, new to forums. DW and I are looking at (on paper) new model Imagine XLS 22MLE TT as a possible upgrade from our current TT.

Any owners out there? What are your impressions? Build quality? Can the bathroom and fridge be accessed with the slide closed?

We haven’t seen one in person since our only GD dealer in Maryland does not have it in stock. We’re thinking of traveling to another state just to see it and decide yah or nay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am interested in this same model.
    I viewed it yesterday.
    I love it! I was considering a Rockwood 2205S, but I like this Imagine XLS model better.
    I think build quality is good.
    You can access bathroom and refrigerator when slide is closed.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I posted this we did get a chance to see one although it was under contract. We decided to order one which is due in early November.

We currently have a Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s which has been a solid trouble free TT for a couple years. We are trading because we’re planning to do more traveling and liked the fact that the 22MLE has a larger shower, recliners and dinette seating, permanent bed (not Murphy), more counter space and storage, easier access to bed wardrobes, and more windows making it brighter inside.

I do wish the 22MLE came with a Maxxair Fan which our current one did. I’ll be adding that along with the vent cover. I’m also thinking of replacing the Westlake tires for Good Year Endurance. Other mods I plan are adding a Slim Shade entry door window and replacing bathroom faucet and shower head.

Good luck on your search!
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel the same about the upgrades you will probably add.
    Enjoy the camper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After our shakedown this past weekend, will definitely switch out the shower head and bathroom faucet. The one thing that bugged me is the black tank flush is on the curb side. DW is also going to replace the foam in the seat cushions.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I’ve noticed the black tank flush there too.... not ideal. I will also replace seat foam found them too soft.

Any problems with the slide? We saw on GDRV Facebook a new owner of 22MLE took it on maiden voyage this past weekend and one of the motors stopped. Back to the dealer for replacement. They advised to open/close slide 5-6 times during PDI.
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DW and I had our shake down camping trip with our factory fresh MLE this last weekend (11/14-17) at the Harpers Ferry, WV KOA. Love this new TT! Temps went down to 23 degf a couple of nights and no issues with freezing (bought a heated service water line).
    Our previous camper was a Fleetwood Niagara popup....and I am soooooo happy not to do all the cranking up/down, awning setup, bedend pull out, etc. anymore....So much easier to push a couple of buttons with a beer in one's hand and enjoy camping! I agree with Chief T about changing out the bathroom faucet! There is no room to wash your hands with that small little thing. I am considering the shower head as well. No issues with the slide out at all. I am not worried about the black tank flush location...just need a longer hose...NBD. Not worried about the seat cushions, but I do want a better mattress! We did put a foam topper on it, but still.......The first thing though is the vent covers that need to be put on. All other mods I am looking at I can do leisurely as there will probably not be any more trips until April .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwinch View Post
    I am not worried about the black tank flush location...just need a longer hose...NBD.
    I bough two expandable hoses that are used only for the black tank flush.

Safe and happy travels.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did our shake down at Elk Neck SP, Maryland for two days, 11/18-11/20. All went well except for two issues.

1st issue, one recliner did not vibrate. Dealer reported it to Lippert.

2nd issue our Converter Main 15 Amp breaker got tripped several times.

It first happened when we tried to run 1500w electric heater. It ran for about a minute then tripped. After that we tried the Microwave. It ran maybe 20 seconds then tripped the Main breaker, not its own 20amp breaker. DW then tried her hair dryer. Ran for about 30 seconds on the GFI in the bathroom, which has its own breaker, then tripped the Main 15 amp breaker. Same with coffee maker.

Prior to the electric heater tripping the breaker we did not notice any problems.

Contacted Delmarva RV in Milford Delware. They said bring it right in. We did so before heading home but could not reproduce the problem.

We tried the electric heater with the propane heater, no problem. Microwave, no problem. Coffee maker, again no problem. We did not have the hot water heater on, which demands several amps.

We are not sure, but it is possible that the pedestal at the State Park could be bad.

I’m going to run some tests tomorrow but we only have a 15 amp outlet, not 30 amp.

Outside of these we are happy with the 22MLE.
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    We did our shake down at Elk Neck SP, Maryland for two days, 11/18-11/20. All went well except for two issues.

1st issue, one recliner did not vibrate. Dealer reported it to Lippert.

2nd issue our Converter Main 15 Amp breaker got tripped several times.

It first happened when we tried to run 1500w electric heater. It ran for about a minute then tripped. After that we tried the Microwave. It ran maybe 20 seconds then tripped the Main breaker, not its own 20amp breaker. DW then tried her hair dryer. Ran for about 30 seconds on the GFI in the bathroom, which has its own breaker, then tripped the Main 15 amp breaker. Same with coffee maker.

Prior to the electric heater tripping the breaker we did not notice any problems.

Contacted Delmarva RV in Milford Delware. They said bring it right in. We did so before heading home but could not reproduce the problem.

We tried the electric heater with the propane heater, no problem. Microwave, no problem. Coffee maker, again no problem. We did not have the hot water heater on, which demands several amps.

We are not sure, but it is possible that the pedestal at the State Park could be bad.

I’m going to run some tests tomorrow but we only have a 15 amp outlet, not 30 amp.

Outside of these we are happy with the 22MLE.
    Sounds like the problem was with the pole at the campground. They probably need to replace their breaker on the pole. Every time a breaker breaks it gets weaker. After so many times you have to replace them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast