User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Bill joined GD in early 2015. When we were talking at the show he stated wasn't with GD at the beginning. Either way I agree when Bill left, things did start to tighten some on the CS front. It took 2 people to replace him.

Will we buy another GD, yes in a heartbeat we would IF they have a floorplan with the storage that we want in the 38 to 36 ft range. Right now they have leaned to bigger everything that has taken away storage and the ccc is weak in many of the models. The S class is a great option for but they discontinued the one we'd consider (3350) and are only offering 1 non bunk model right now. We have entertained trying to find a left over. The thing really stopping me is I don't like what I have read here and elsewhere about the lack of quality and of furrion kitchen appliances.

Would we consider the new Alliance, yes . They came very close to having what we want in a 5th wheel. If we could have gotten to the bathroom on the road without opening slides on the 340RL we'd of been doing some serious thinking. Talking to Bill it is something they have been trying to tweak in that model. Plus the willingness to swap those drop down steps out for one of the Tork Lift pullouts is attractive.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 01-22-2020 at 08:56 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another nice feature with Alliance is they come with 3 ac units.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very interesting that at the same time Alliance is coming up, GD is FINALLY making some great enhancements to the Solitudes (3rd AC unit, no carpet slides, heavier axles/springs/wheels leading to more CCC, Morryde components). Addressing some of my very few complaints.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Another nice feature with Alliance is they come with 3 ac units.
    Thats because Alliance doesn't have ducted AC so they need one for each room. Living, Kitchen and Bedroom. Watched a video and the AC units are dead quiet. The guy doing the walk around was standing right under it while talking an you couldn't hear it. Impressive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design should take notice about the 3 AC units. The two ducted AC units in our 2109 Solitude are not able to adequately cool the unit in hot weather. Grand Design should add a 3rd AC to any 5th wheel over 36' or at least prep for a 3rd AC unit so the owner can add one if needed. I would happily sacrifice the living area roof vent to a third AC unit if the wiring were there for it.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Solitudes all have a 3rd AC option now. I am jealous!
    Last edited by cookinwitdiesel; 01-25-2020 at 01:35 PM.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Thats because Alliance doesn't have ducted AC so they need one for each room. Living, Kitchen and Bedroom. Watched a video and the AC units are dead quiet. The guy doing the walk around was standing right under it while talking an you couldn't hear it. Impressive.
    They are ducted, and they are Coleman units, just like GD uses.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    They are ducted, and they are Coleman units, just like GD uses.
    So you've been in one?
    This guy says no ducting and he's one of the owners of the company. Only the bedroom/bathroom is ducted. Go to 8:10 in the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    So you've been in one?
    This guy says no ducting and he's one of the owners of the company. Only the bedroom/bathroom is ducted. Go to 8:10 in the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
    I stand corrected.

I have been in one, but it was a pre-production unit in September. I was at a prospective dealer meeting in their "plant" and the rig they had there had ducted Coleman units on it.

It was not a completed unit, so they obviously have changed from what they built first.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I stand corrected.

I have been in one, but it was a pre-production unit in September. I was at a prospective dealer meeting in their "plant" and the rig they had there had ducted Coleman units on it.

It was not a completed unit, so they obviously have changed from what they built first.
    Those pre-production units will get you every time.

What amazes me is how quiet the AC is.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567