Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glass Panels In Cabinet Doors

The glass panels in our kitchen upper cabinets have been a pain ever since we purchased our rig. The rubbery glue that is in place to hold panels in place keeps pulling out. I have tried many times to kind of wedge it back in between panel and cabinet but it keeps pulling out. Our solution: We are currently having espresso color panels made to replace the glass panels. Doors are in the cabinet shop right now. Mirror doors in bedroom also loose, but I was able to install plastic clips to hold mirrors in place.
    Anyone else have loose glass panels?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, sorry.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    The glass panels in our kitchen upper cabinets have been a pain ever since we purchased our rig. The rubbery glue that is in place to hold panels in place keeps pulling out. I have tried many times to kind of wedge it back in between panel and cabinet but it keeps pulling out. Our solution: We are currently having espresso color panels made to replace the glass panels. Doors are in the cabinet shop right now. Mirror doors in bedroom also loose, but I was able to install plastic clips to hold mirrors in place.
    Anyone else have loose glass panels?
    No. And we've done over 10,000 miles in just under 3 years.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the mirrors in our closet doors in our new 2800bh was loose. It looks like it is held in with silicone caulk so I put new silicone caulk on it. Done for the season but we'll see how it holds up.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A hot glue gun would take care of that .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    A hot glue gun would take care of that .
    I wouldn't trust a hot glue gun fix. Hot glue guns are really only good for craft projects, not long term use.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes I’ve had problems with them as well, it is really evident on any tall upper cabinet doors. When you pull it open the frame of the door is too weak and bends (handles are at the bottom of doors mounted up high)... when you pull them it twists/tweaks the entire wooden cabinet door frame and the cheap hot glue pops out.

I’ve been pulling the hot glue out and replacing it with Silicone since it’s more flexible. Will see how it holds up over time.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I wouldn't trust a hot glue gun fix. Hot glue guns are really only good for craft projects, not long term use.
    I hot glued the glass panels in my china hutch 4 years ago , so far so good .

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Yes I’ve had problems with them as well, it is really evident on any tall upper cabinet doors. When you pull it open the frame of the door is too weak and bends (handles are at the bottom of doors mounted up high)... when you pull them it twists/tweaks the entire wooden cabinet door frame and the cheap hot glue pops out.

I’ve been pulling the hot glue out and replacing it with Silicone since it’s more flexible. Will see how it holds up over time.

Cheers
    Tim

The handles on mine are in the middle,its an even pull when opening, guess that's the difference...........

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of the mirrors in our bedroom closet doors were falling out from day one. We did not like the mirrors and the glass made the flimsy doors heavy so I made plywood panels to replace the glass. I used GE Iron Grip silicone adhesive to hold the new panels in place and that stuff worked great. I will use that if any of our glass inserts start to come loose. The stuff Grand Design used in those closet doors was poorly applied and acted like hot gun glue. Bad choice like a number of other things we've experienced with the rig.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Iron-Gri...ive/1000001594
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our three mirrored closet door panels are very loose. They flex. I'll be putting the little triangles ala how old sash windows are assembled.

Our problem with the frosted glass cabinet door glass was that something fell against the glass while travelling and rubbed some of the frost off the glass. Can't think of any way to fix it without making it look worse...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast