Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equa Flex wet bolts

Good evening to all,

Just had a quick question on the Equa Flex Suspension, on a 376th.

After picking up our new 376th last friday, I now have the time to run through a few things that I thought I better check on. I noticed that the Equa flex system on both sides of the trailer looked a little dry. So....... grabbed the grease gun and thought I'd get busy.

After a few successful squeezes of the pump, I ran into 4 of many that would not accept the grease. Just wanted to know if this was a common problem and or am I doing something wrong when attempting to grease these zerk's ?? I should mention that the trailer is on a level RV pad and on auto level.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a common problem. I can get grease into all of mine except the curb side equalizer and last time I could not get grease into the street side far back spring shackle. Sometimes the wet bolts are not put in correctly with the holes at 3 and 9 o'clock and some here have even had some without the holes drilled. I plan on pulling these couple of bolts in the next few weeks when I repack my bearings.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 303rls I had to jack the trailer up and get the pressure off the One bolt I had that wouldn't take grease. Once I took the pressure off it took grease easily.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you folks..........

After posting this, I found a multitude of posts on this subject.

What I'm more upset at, is that I called GD this morning and just got the runaround. They would neither confirm or deny whether or not they should have greased the suspension before traveling 1700 miles to Utah. I also explained that there is 0 information in the owner's manual on this subject. He basically stated that I should contact the dealer that sold me the rig.

Tomorrow morning, I plan on a little trip to the service dept to discuss this issue............. Wish me luck!!

Thanks again......

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few of mine gave me issues

https://www.amazon.com/LockNLube-fit...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Bought that and no more problems. Expensive for what it is. If I lost mine, I'd buy another the same day.

I greased our suspension when I got it. Appeared it had already been done but I made sure to top it off. I also converted the tiny bit of rust already forming on a few little spots and painted so I didn't have issues down the road. That includes exposed screws and bolts because they use cheap stuff and the heads will pop off in a year or two if you let them rust through.
    Last edited by Aridon; 09-27-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN