User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thetford style 2 toilet leak

our toilet started leaking on day 2 of our recent trip. It was not leaking at the floor but where the bowl appears to meet the pedestal. This is not water but urine. We took it to the dealer and it leaked more after a 20+ mile trip. The dealer could not get the problem to occur while there. Has anyone else had this occur. This is our second trip out in our 2019 Reflection 297 RSTS.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had this occur, but unfortunately, in my case, this was an "aiming" problem.

I'm sorry, I know that didn't help, but I am childish and couldn't resist.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keebler that is funny. I sometimes have the same problem but this is not the case. This is a real problem which needs to be solved.
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe check the seal at the bottom. I had something keeping mine from sealing well. Opened the flush valve and wiped the seal down.....been good now.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    our toilet started leaking on day 2 of our recent trip. It was not leaking at the floor but where the bowl appears to meet the pedestal. This is not water but urine. We took it to the dealer and it leaked more after a 20+ mile trip. The dealer could not get the problem to occur while there. Has anyone else had this occur. This is our second trip out in our 2019 Reflection 297 RSTS.
    Probably unwanted advice, but we replaced the Thetford toilet in our trailer with a Dometic 320 when it was only a few months old. Bigger, more comfortable seat, more spacious inside for hanging bits, and a full porcelain throne all the way to the ground, just like at home. It was a very satisfying upgrade. Maybe your dealer would work out a swap with you?
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Jims94vmx I'll check that seal and hope it solves the problem.
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Boy scout but i'm not ready to replace a brand new toilet. YET! The bowl part is porcelain on this toilet.
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We experienced the exact same problem on the very first trip with our new 303RLS. Removed the toilet and the upper portion of the toilet was filled with water that had leaked past the seal between the porcelain bowl and plastic pedestal. The issue is the seal and it can be replaced - parts are inexpensive. Warranty claim resulted in replacement of the toilet from the seal on down - everything but the bowl. It appears to be a common failure mode with this model of toilet.
    Mark
    2020 Reflection 303RLS 2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie HO Cummins
    2018 Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS Hybrid (previous)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank's for the response TroutdOg I wish ours had only been water. We called GD soon as we got to Myrtle Beach and they gave me authorization to have it repaired by a mobile tech. I just have to get payed by GD now.
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain papermaker, ours was also not clean water
    We’ve managed to avoid using the toilet and black tank for anything other than liquid waste, with our previous TT and now with this new 5er. But unfortunately the leak results in dirty water being trapped in the air void in the porcelain tank which then leaks onto the floor. We were so discouraged at having our the floor of our brand spanking new 303RLS contaminated on the first trip out. Because the leak continued even after flushing all water from the tank it left an odor on the floor at the base of the toilet that wouldn’t go away despite repeated washing with every household cleaner we had. Finally my DW ordered a special version of Clorox spray called “Clorox Urine Remover” and it did the trick eliminating all traces of scent. Otherwise it would have required replacement of the vinyl flooring which would have been a major undertaking.
    Mark
    2020 Reflection 303RLS 2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie HO Cummins
    2018 Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS Hybrid (previous)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast