Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing 360RL with SRW

Is anyone towing a 360RL or something similar (ie; UVW: 13500, hitch weight: 2700, GVWR: 16000) with RAM 3500 Cummins 6.7L, 3.42 axle, SRW? TI'm calc'ing that it's possible if you don't load the truck or the trailer to their max weights. Just wondering about the driving experience, safety, etc.

Thanks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your gonna get answers all over the map. I run a SRW with a 377 which has unloaded specs very similar to yours. Stock it was fine, truck was perfectly level, really had no issues. SRW obviously have a lighter spring pack than a dually which can lead to more bounce in the rear end over uneven roads and bumps. This then leads to it bouncing off the overloads. I added air bags which I only run at the minimum recommend loaded pressure (25psi) which stiffens up the suspension and makes it more stable. I also upgraded the tires to a higher capacity when the originals needed to be replaced. Didn't really need to but extra capacity is never a bad thing.

I have pulled my brothers unit to Canada with a dually. I personally don't notice much of a difference between the two. I'm probably at my max now though, any heavier and I would probably move to a dually.

'13 and later SRW Rams have the highest sticker weights of the big three but you'll probably still get close or over depending on how you load

Happy travels
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW