User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2670mk Install EMS HW50C - Location?

I am getting ready to install the Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C in a 2020 Imagine 2670mk. What's the best place to locate the control unit and the display? Also, any model specific install threads or video's available?

Buckaroo
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be following along with you. There are very few 2670-specific threads. I have the HW50C (new in box) in the passthrough, and am currently using a SSP-50X at the post.

I'm 99% sure that I'll be tipping the mattress up, removing both drawers under the wardrobe/master closet, and installing it in there near the fuse panel. I keep forgetting to pick up 6/3 Romex at Home Depot. There are many threads on the "how to" install the HW-50C in general, but not on the 2670. We're going to be underway for all of next week - two campgrounds in 8 days. If I can persuade DW to sit outside and read a book, I'm going to try to knock it out.
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where I was thinking as well but I have not had it apart to see how much room there is. Pls let me know what you figure out. I don't think I will get to the install until mid-October but will post when I do. What do you plan to do with the display?

Buckaroo
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to bring it up to the control panel with the switches and tank indicators. I'm not quite sure how that's going to work. I'll keep you posted.
    Scott & Fonda
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpyknee View Post
    I want to bring it up to the control panel with the switches and tank indicators. I'm not quite sure how that's going to work. I'll keep you posted.
    I have not tackled this install yet but think I may start in the next week....have you made any progress?

Buckaroo
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.... Got busy on the trip, and rig in the shop now.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Scott & Fonda
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the unit today and I assume it is working - no error codes and power on. Really more room than I expected to do the install - removed the electrical panel, pulled it out and removed the drawer just above for access. I left the 4 conductor, 6 gauge romex line running from the plug intact, rolled it up and connected it to the EMS feed side. I bought a 4 ft section of the same wire (~$10 at Home Depot) and installed on the output side of the EMS, then took that to the electrical panel. I thought it would be an advantage to be able to pull the unit from the cubby, out on to the floor, still wired up to troubleshoot any future problems so I left myself lots of wire.

I have it installed on the floor in between the furnace and a Furion hose that goes through the floor - think is a propane line?. The furnace is on wood blocks above the floor and the unit is up against the blocks. The side of the furnace gets hot in operations so I want to keep any wires from laying up against it. I have the power on and EMS in operation but still have the panel out. Have not found a home for the display yet. Some pics attached.... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EMS Location.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	23548
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imagine Electrical Panel Cubby.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	23549

View of outside of electrical panel cubby....
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm proud of you!

I spend an hour in the unit today with the drawers out, using my endoscope to try to find a path to the control center. I was back and forth from the bedroom to the bathroom, staring at walls, trim, and the overhead.

It requires more endoscope work, and maybe fish tape. I'm thinking I'll have to drop the bathroom vent. Run the remote wire up from the control center, fish it across the bathroom ceiling, and into the top corner of the linen shelves. Then go down into the space behind the panel. I just can't figure another way to get the wire from the remote to the panel.

Awesome job knocking out the install!
    Scott & Fonda
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the encouragement. That #6 romex is very stiff, lots of wires back there (kind of a mess, actually) and I was working hard not to puncture the aluminum foil duct work as it is very fragile.

Yesterday I dropped the enclosure around the bathroom fan (very easy - pic attached) and tried a fish tape back to the corner next to the bedroom closet underneath the insulation. It seemed to be getting hung up on something....I was wondering if there are ribs under the seams on the ceiling that might be giving me an issue? Then there is the corner down. Could go up through the back of the closet and drill a small hole in the ceiling. Didn't work on it a long time - turned my attention to the EMS install. Was considering dropping the puck light in the ceiling above the sink to see if that provides any insight. I have an endoscope as well and had planned on breaking it out tomorrow. Maybe going underneath through the floor and up through the wall would be better? Although it would be nice to mount the display next to all the other controls, I suppose it could just be mounted in the little closet above the electrical cubby if need be. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imagine Ceiling.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	23550
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast