Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Finding Tires in Dallas, Tx Area For My Solitude

I am out on a trip and had a brake issue that transferred a lot of heat to my tire. I put the spare on and now need to replace the original tire. I have searched the web and made a bunch of calls but no one I was able to reach stocks the ST235/80R16 that I need. I found a GD dealer but the parts guy didn't want to sell me the tire because of the huge mark up he has to put on it and I didn't want to pay it. I'll be stationary about and hour east of Dallas through the next week and then I will be in Dallas the end of next week. Anybody know a good place to get a tire in the DFW area?
    2019 Solitude 377MBS
    2018 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Lariat
    B&W Companion

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google for a Discount Tire near you, they will have one you can bet. I was heading out on a trip in my Reflection fivver a couple years ago and noticed a big nail in the sidewall of a trailer tire. Pulled into my local Discount Tire and they had 5 Goodyear Endurance tires in stock the correct size, guess what I bought lol.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Txfivver are the Goodyear Endurance tires a load range G tire? What is the load rating (in pounds) for them? As far as I know, the Goodyear Endurance tires are not available in a load range G.

@Bee-Man, I can not help with specific tire shops in your area, but if you have one, I have found that Les Schwab Tires (a national chain) typically stock a set of Sailun S637 tires in ST235/80R16. I do not have them (yet) , but by all accounts these are an excellent trailer tire. These are a load range G tire (see my comment below).

I am not sure how familiar you are with tires, but be sure you get Load Range G tires (same as original tires) to handle the weight of your Solitude. There are many ST235/80R16 tires available in load range E, but (in my opinion) they are just to low of a load rating for a Solitude.

Sorry if this is old news, but tires are (one of) the weakest links int he trailer suspension. The difference in an
    ST235/80R16 load range E (3,420#) and load range G (4,080#) is about 650# per tire or 2,600# per set of four. A lot of people have have blowouts and other problems with load range E tires on the heavier tires. Just some things to consider. Only you can decide what is right for you.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 09-28-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CoChris no the Goodyear's I bought were load range E for the Reflection 28BH I had at that time. He definitely needs load range G for a Solitude, I did not catch that when I replied. I would still bet Discount Tire can help him on such short notice though, they are pretty awesome. It's worth a try unless he starts calling local RV dealers.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check with some truck and or trailer repair shops. They should have them. If they do't they could have them shipped in in a couple of days.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/