User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The part I have not seen yet is a television. We watch the weather channel and don't go where it cold. A little hard if your a snow skier, but you can always take up waterskiing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Here's a issue I have not seen mentioned but our furnace hadn't worked for almost 1 1/2 years! Yup, you read that right. Winter camping was manageable because we live in the west however we still wanted it many times. I had mobile RV techs come 3 times to check it and we replaced sail switches, limit switches, you name it and it would work for a an hour and the tech would leave then we would go camping and zip, nada. Finally it was looked at by the GD techs at the National Rally this summer and they said, in 2 minutes BTW, that in our older trailer the POS thermostat that controls our A/C and the furnace (DUD, don't they all?) was no longer communicating with the furnace for whatever reason. To test their theory they cut and spiced the two wires in the furnace to bypass the thermostat and, voila, it worked perfectly. So their fix, which I haven't tested yet because our trailer is still at the factory, was to add a second thermostat to control the furnace and leave the other to control the A/C. Doesn't matter to me so the take away here for anyone else struggling to find the issue with their furnace not working is to test this out and see if you have the same problem. Now remember, this is a 2015 with the Atwood A/C and Atwood furnace.

BTW, our symptoms were that the furnace would fire and burn for a second or 2 then go out and that would keep repeating as long as you left it trying.
    Last edited by Paul & Deb; 10-12-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the spare control board. It costs way less to shop around online and order one than paying retail at an RV store while your pipes are freezing...if they even have one...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12