User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have experience with Michelin Agilis CrossClimate LT tires

Time for new tire for my truck LT265/70R17/E 121/118R.

Looking at Michelin tires and 3 versions
    • Agilis CrossClimate

• LTX A/T2

• Defender LTX M/S

I want a versatile traction tire that wears well. Yes and I want the moon also. Have been pretty happy with my LTX A/S tires but would like a little more aggressive off road.

I have not seen very many reviews on online about the Michelin Agilis tires an was wondering if anyone has been running them? If so, do they track well, brake well, good mileage, etc? Especially mileage. They are, Heavy Duty Light Commercial Truck Tires. They are supposed to have: "Outstanding combination of longevity, reliability and year-round traction including 3PMSF* on all road surfaces for today's most demanding commercial vehicles." So it looks like it should be great in snow.
    *Meets the USTMA (U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association) snow traction performance requirements.
    A little explanation of 3PMSF: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...jsp?techid=125

Also looking at LTX A/T2 vs. Defender LTX M/S. I have heard that the sipping does not go very deep on the LTX A/T2. Is that also the case on the Defender LTX M/S?

Thanks,
    Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a set on my RAM at 20,000 miles and replaced them after one 3000 mile trip. Ride was rough , fuel mileage dropped 10-12% , and they grabbed rocks and flung them like you can’t imagine. Replaced them with Duelers and after another long towing trip am very pleased. These are the first tires I have bought in probably 30 years that aren’t Michelins.
    Charlie

I would have gotten the LTX M/S 2 but they have been phased out in the size I needed.
    Last edited by cfowler55; 10-09-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro Gearloose View Post
    Time for new tire for my truck LT265/70R17/E 121/118R.

Looking at Michelin tires and 3 versions
    • Agilis CrossClimate

• LTX A/T2

• Defender LTX M/S

I want a versatile traction tire that wears well. Yes and I want the moon also. Have been pretty happy with my LTX A/S tires but would like a little more aggressive off road.

I have not seen very many reviews on online about the Michelin Agilis tires an was wondering if anyone has been running them? If so, do they track well, brake well, good mileage, etc? Especially mileage. They are, Heavy Duty Light Commercial Truck Tires. They are supposed to have: "Outstanding combination of longevity, reliability and year-round traction including 3PMSF* on all road surfaces for today's most demanding commercial vehicles." So it looks like it should be great in snow.
    *Meets the USTMA (U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association) snow traction performance requirements.
    A little explanation of 3PMSF: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...jsp?techid=125

Also looking at LTX A/T2 vs. Defender LTX M/S. I have heard that the sipping does not go very deep on the LTX A/T2. Is that also the case on the Defender LTX M/S?

Thanks,
    Pat
    What tire did you end up getting? Starting my search now.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too am looking to replace a pair of rear tires on my F250 diesel. My Michelin LTX A/T's have been discontinued.

What's funny is that the front tires have a lot of tread left. It's just the right rear tire that's slick. I've been towing a bunch of trailers recently, and diesels are really tough on tires when owners don't promptly rotate the tires. Peeling out a little at stop lights and spinning tires going up hills makes rear tires wear abnormally.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    What tire did you end up getting? Starting my search now.
    I decided on the LTX A/T2. Have a friend that has them and has been happy with them (Stock on Toyota Tundra).

I picked the LTX A/T2 because they are a bit more aggressive (better for minor off road and dirt roads) than the M/S and I figured that the LTX A/T2, would ride better than the Agilis, because I was thinking that the sidewall would not be as stiff.

So far I have been happy with them. They ride good, handle well and have been good in the rain. Have not been in snow yet, off road or towed with them. I have a gravel drive and they tend to pick up more rocks than the old Defender LTX I used to have. I can't tell if they are any noisier because of tinnitus, so I suspect noise is minor.

I think the M/S has more siping so they may be a bit better in icy conditions, but siping is typically worn off with miles.

Hope this helps,
    Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro Gearloose View Post
    I decided on the LTX A/T2. Have a friend that has them and has been happy with them (Stock on Toyota Tundra).

I picked the LTX A/T2 because they are a bit more aggressive (better for minor off road and dirt roads) than the M/S and I figured that the LTX A/T2, would ride better than the Agilis, because I was thinking that the sidewall would not be as stiff.

So far I have been happy with them. They ride good, handle well and have been good in the rain. Have not been in snow yet, off road or towed with them. I have a gravel drive and they tend to pick up more rocks than the old Defender LTX I used to have. I can't tell if they are any noisier because of tinnitus, so I suspect noise is minor.

I think the M/S has more siping so they may be a bit better in icy conditions, but siping is typically worn off with miles.

Hope this helps,
    Pat
    Thanks for the detailed update. Glad you like the new ones.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I too am looking to replace a pair of rear tires on my F250 diesel. My Michelin LTX A/T's have been discontinued.

What's funny is that the front tires have a lot of tread left. It's just the right rear tire that's slick. I've been towing a bunch of trailers recently, and diesels are really tough on tires when owners don't promptly rotate the tires. Peeling out a little at stop lights and spinning tires going up hills makes rear tires wear abnormally.
    The LTX A/T2 are more aggressive than my old A/T's. I think the old A/T's are more like the new M/S.

I rotate my tires every oil change and had even wear on all 4 when I got rid of them, still had about half the tread left. Replaced them because they were starting to get some side wall cracks.

Pat