Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

376TH rear tow hitch

Good afternoon to all.......

Have looked high and low for a post, for putting on a hitch on the back of a 376TH.

I have one more toy, that occasionally needs to come with us out to the desert for a little fun and i'm just stumped on what to do to pull a 7 x 12 single axle trailer behind this rig ??

This would only haul our Can-Am x3-xrs SXS. Total weight would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 2400 to 2500 lbs. Crawling underneath this rig and looking at what I have to work with tells me that there's not much framing where I need to put this hitch along with the 376TH sits mighty low.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

John & Marie

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess where there is a will there is a way. On my 376 I wouldn't dream of putting a hitch, in fact, I have had to add rollers on the back to account for dragging the rear end in small dips and going in/out of gas station driveways that are not level.

Good luck, let us know how it works out.

Thinking outside the box, this is a terrible idea; mount tube on the garage floor. Don't know the exact size, whatever size a normal hitch tube is; 2.25? Extend it past the garage door a couple of inches, then make a whole in the garage door so that when the door closes it fits snugly over the tube. The tube could be through bolted to the cross members for strength. The end result would be a hitch tube up high. You all can laugh at my idea now.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting concept there D2............

I believe the wife would have my :all's if I were to punch a hole in the garage door............lol

Thanks again ....