Views:	22 
Size:	833.7 KB 
ID:	22856

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image3.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	500.3 KB 
ID:	22858

Hopefully the pictures uploaded properly..

Hello everyone. My wife and I just purchased a 2019 Solitude 3350RL. Honestly, for the price, I expected better. Anyway, Tonight we turned our fireplace on for the first time. It ran for maybe 30 minutes and then just shut off. I had assumed it was the timer and didn't think much of it. About 20 minutes later I attempted to turn it back on and it would not power up. I checked the breaker, no issues. I pulled the unit out and removed the back cover and found what you see above. The terminal on the board seemed to have unsoldered itself. I plugged it into the terminal next to it since those three are all connected on the board anyway and the fireplace powered up.

Now, I can solder the terminal back onto the board. But, I am concerned with why this happened in the first place. Judging by the "burn" mark it would appear that it got hot.. hot enough to allow the terminal to come loose. I am worried that the terminal coming loose actually prevented this thing from burning to the ground. I had high hopes for this thing to provide some heat in the winter months while I am gone at work during the day. Now, I'm questioning running it even when I'm here. Any thoughts?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, your experience with the fireplace heater is typical. The failure rate of these second rate components is truly excessive, and I'm not sure that any other brand of "fireplace" is any better.

My fireplace has long since been sent to the junk heap, and I'm not going to replace it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we have been one of the lucky ones. We are over 2 years of ownership and use and have never had an issue with the fireplace. Love the ability to have the supplement heat source when needed.

We do not leave the heater on if we leave or go to bed.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had issues with our fireplace, due to connections/ wire nuts not installed correctly. In working with other connections in the trailer I found that was not unusual. One of the first things we did was to install additional battery operated smoke detectors and propane gas detectors.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s looking like I may end up removing the fireplace completely. I ran it for an hour or so this morning with no issues but I’m very paranoid about those things. If one of my space heaters shuts down from an overheating fault I usually replace it. I don’t plan to treat this any different.