Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Momentum owners

Hello,
    My wife and I just picked up our 2020 Momentum 328G. Put a deposit down at the Hershey RV show and finished negotiations in following week. Had dealer add a Reese Goose Box and am loving it. Will be traveling with a motorcycle in garage. Hope to see other Grand Design owners on the road.

Robert and Sharron Hill
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6 speed stick Long bed
    2020 Momentum 328G
    20K Reese Goose Box
    2007 BMW K1200LT

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

This site has a ton of great people and info on it. Safe travels and one million trouble free miles
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first time posting as I just joined. We have a 4 year old fifth wheel toyhauler and we are debating on if we want to go just a fifth wheel no garage. If we go toy hauler we would love to upgrade to the Grand Design Momentum. We just looked at the 2020’s at the Fontana RV show in CA. We also really loved Big Horn. Did anyone else compare these 2 brands/rv’s? We are really torn but the Big Horn is significantly less expensive and from a non professional’s eye looks just as nice in terms of quality. Trying to figure out if there is a true quality reason to go with the Grand Design Momentum for 20k more.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lpulver70 View Post
    My first time posting as I just joined. We have a 4 year old fifth wheel toyhauler and we are debating on if we want to go just a fifth wheel no garage. If we go toy hauler we would love to upgrade to the Grand Design Momentum. We just looked at the 2020’s at the Fontana RV show in CA. We also really loved Big Horn. Did anyone else compare these 2 brands/rv’s? We are really torn but the Big Horn is significantly less expensive and from a non professional’s eye looks just as nice in terms of quality. Trying to figure out if there is a true quality reason to go with the Grand Design Momentum for 20k more.
    Weve had our Momentum for about 3 years now and overall it has been trouble free. Weve lived in it for the entire time we've had it (myself, wife, 4 kids and a dog) so it's been used pretty well. I do have a laundry list of things to fix since I dont think all of the components are really designed for that amount of usage. If I was to do it all over again right now I wouldn't focus only on GD. I dont believe their quality is any better than other manufacturers for the same price. They do have excellent customer service which can be helpful. One thing I love about GD is that they dont put heater vents in the floor, they are all on vertical surfaces so they dont collect dirt. The thing I dont like about GD is the lack of options offered (disc brakes, suspension upgrades, etc.) Its really a crap shoot, you will hear horror stories and unicorns and rainbow stories about all manufacturers. They are built the same for the most part with the same labor force with the same method (piece work, get x items done today and go home). If you look behind the walls of a GD, you might see less trash than from other brands, but still a mess of wires and plumbing that could have been done better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH