User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SG1971 View Post
    Thanks for all of the responses. They definitely help. If the stickers on the trailers are accurate, that makes me feel better, I just never blindly go by stickers as they tend to lead you astray. I have a couple of friends in other brands whose stickers are off by 200-300 LBS, after allowing for batteries. Maybe they have a few things stowed, or some mods I'm not aware of. That could make a big difference to us long term. TV isn't an issue, we have a 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, with Aisin, 4.10 and 5600 CCC. My wife really likes this floor plan and so do I. We have looked at the 337RLS online and we do like it. The issue is in Texas we would have to get a non CDL class A license as we would exceed 26K GCWR. Probably not an issue, but my wife is not a fan of a driving test with a state trooper watching her with that much trailer, lol. Truth is, I don't want to deal with that either, but might just be in our future. Anyway, sorry for the rambling. Thanks again for the replies!
    The Texas license is something to consider but should not be the determining factor if you are going full time. It comes down to how much stuff you have. Three week ago we moved out of our 34’ 2008 Sundance int a 2020 337. We full time and don’t have a lot of stuff but the old trailer was full and the 337 sucked it all up with room to spare.

My recommendation is to make a pile of suff you will take. Go to a dealer that has both the 303 and 337 and spend time comparing them and figuring out where things will go. I know a lot of people full time in the 303 but after living in a 34’ trailer for over six years it is nice to have the more room. It all comes dow to how much stuff you want to take.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    The Texas license is something to consider but should not be the determining factor if you are going full time. It comes down to how much stuff you have. Three week ago we moved out of our 34’ 2008 Sundance int a 2020 337. We full time and don’t have a lot of stuff but the old trailer was full and the 337 sucked it all up with room to spare.

My recommendation is to make a pile of suff you will take. Go to a dealer that has both the 303 and 337 and spend time comparing them and figuring out where things will go. I know a lot of people full time in the 303 but after living in a 34’ trailer for over six years it is nice to have the more room. It all comes dow to how much stuff you want to take.
    Good advice. I might just go ahead and get the NON CDL CL A license anyway. That way I'm legal from day 1 if we get a larger GD. Just one more thing on the to do list. Just have to find someone with a trailer with a GVWR of at least 12001 to borrow.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at my sticker I was off a little, 10,030lbs. Our trailer has every option except dual pane windows. I was a little surprised how much more it weighs than advertised.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SG1971 View Post
    Hi everyone,

The wife, daughter and I are seriously looking at the 2020 GD 303RLS. We have been going to dealerships and looking online and on youtube for several months. My question is does anyone here have any real world dry weight numbers? I know most manufacturers dry weight numbers are BS. I have no idea or not if this is so with GD, but I know we cannot trust the sales people, lol. We will be close to full time, so we need as much CCC as possible. We really like this 5th wheel's floor plan and build quality, plus the lower weight should be great for fuel economy vs a 16K trailer. If you wouldn't mind listing your options I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help you provide.
    We picked up our 303 a month ago and went directly to the scales. It had a single battery and 2 full propane tanks. It weighed 10,009 lbs. If I deduct 100 lbs for the propane tanks, that gets to 9,909 lbs. The information sheet with the trailer (in the documentation package) says the UVW is 9,914 lbs. So, I would say that's pretty close. It has most options but only 1 A/C - double paned windows, 2 awnings, both packages. So the CCC is 2086 for our trailer - real numbers.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used truck values are the best they'll be right now. New trucks are in demand but the supply is thin. If you look around you should be able to find a good deal on a DRW.
    Couple months ago I found a 19 Ram 3500 CTD base Big Horn trim that was sitting on the lot for 8 months. Traded my 2.5 year old 18 Ram 2500 6.4 in on it. Got close to $9K off the 19 and just a tad under retail for my 18.
    I was looking for several months and also checking KBB and NADA used values. I actually saw my used 18 go up in value over a 2 month span.
    Point being while it may cost you a little more to trade up at least you'll have a truck that will give you more options for full timing. JMO but going to a DRW and a nice size (35'+) 5th wheel will make full timing a joy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12