Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

367BHS Winterize tips needed

New to me, 2017 367BHS, and I will need to winterize my coach soon (this weekend). This is a seasonal unit that will stay on the site throughout our northeaster winter.
    The campground charges $60 to do it for us. But I'm inclined to do it myself to better understand my coach (and save a few bucks)
    I have read all the steps in the owner's manual, watched plenty of YouTube videos and now bought all the hardware needed (compressor: had it; pressure regulator; air hose adapter to city water)
    I have a couple of questions:
    How much antifreeze for the 367BHS (# of gallons)?
    How do you handle the washer connection in the front closet? I have never used it. I do not believe the previous owner used it.
    Any tips for the 367BHS are appreciated.

Rig: 2017 Reflection 367BHS
    Tow vehicle: 2020 F350 CC 6.7l Platinum SRW LB

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be able to do a complete job with 3 gallons or less.

You will need to open the valves at the w/d hook up to get anti freeze in there also.

Make sure you get all spots done....outside hot and cold faucets at hook up center and the cold water wash port.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a 367, but I used 3 gallons for my rig. Could have gotten away with 2, but I wanted to make sure I had enough up against the dump valves to prevent issues if there is any residual water in the tanks. I blow out the lines, empty tanks, then pump in the antifreeze and fill up traps and toilet.

Connect a hose and run your washer hookups to make sure you don't have water in them. If there is water in the valves they will freeze and crack. Don't forget about outside showers either. I hook up the air and blow out he black flush line as well.

Sounds like you have everything you need. First time is the worst, after than you will wonder why you were so worried the last time.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice above. Will add, don't forget to drain the hot water heater; in winterize mode, the hot water heater does NOT fill with antifreeze. Agree that 3 gallons is plenty.

Other tip is that Walmart sells the antifreeze cheap: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tec...reeze/17179674
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camper1013 View Post
    Sounds like you have everything you need. First time is the worst, after than you will wonder why you were so worried the last time.
    I tend to over think everything. As you said, after the first time.. why did I worry! Off to spend more $$ on supplies.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same model year as yours 3 gallons is good. Remember to do the waste traps and toilet also. We also don’t use the washer hookup but do keep a short section of hose and run both sides into a bucket until we see antifreeze. I follow the B&B molders instructions for the Nautilus P1 which is available on PDF form on the B&B molders website. You should do fine.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    We have the same model year as yours 3 gallons is good. Remember to do the waste traps and toilet also. We also don’t use the washer hookup but do keep a short section of hose and run both sides into a bucket until we see antifreeze. I follow the B&B molders instructions for the Nautilus P1 which is available on PDF form on the B&B molders website. You should do fine.
    I noticed the washer hookup hook up has the drain. It was sealed with a hand tightened screw-in cap. Do I need to put some anti-freeze down that drain?
    If so, I would also need to "flush" it in the spring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    I 2nd this above. I'm late to comment and hope your experience went well.
    I use a boat winterizing jug that has a hose hookup on it so I can get everything done with one trip inside. I also do the washer connections up front. I plan to drain these lines this spring and add a valve so that I can keep them "dry" until we ever decide to use an onboard washer. My connections in that area are a real PITA to work and are resting on the escusion that encases them, so connecting a hose is a cussing session to be honest.
    I add antifreeze in all drains (enough to displace approx the cup to a cup and a half of water they contain) and add a little into the grey/blk tanks so that any water that does collect near a valve will be likely to only slush and not freeze solid. During this winterization process, I also coat the toilet ball seal with plumbers grease to keep it from dying out.
    In spring, I save the bulk of what I flush out of faucets/shower to dump into the drains and tanks the following fall. I try to catch the antifreeze until I see it start to change, with the two sinks and shower, it's about a gallon I collect. Of note, I also winterize twice because of my hunting trip in November so recycling some doesn't hurt either.
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary325 View Post
    I noticed the washer hookup hook up has the drain. It was sealed with a hand tightened screw-in cap. Do I need to put some anti-freeze down that drain?
    If so, I would also need to "flush" it in the spring.
    My apologies I am not as regular as I would like to be on this forum so I am responding to your question very late. No I left the washer drain plug in place and do not add antifreeze. Since we have not used it for a washer and there has never been water in the trap should be nothing to freeze. I hope this helps.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.