User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MoFi 4500 or Antennas - Which really made the difference

Quote Originally Posted by dmendoza View Post
    Look into mofi 4500exlgt combo add antennas and boom!
    I am trying to achieve the same objective. While I do realize there are better performing routers, I suspect it was the antennas that made the difference for you. Tell me about the antennas, their make and module.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a cell with unlimited why not turn it into a hotspot?

We don't have phones, but use a mifi7000

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If you cant dodge it, RAM it.:jaw:

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Looks like it’ll cost $85 to join.
    There's a lot of content on their site that's free, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsitivedivetraining View Post
    We got the Roadlink C2 from Togo. Uses At&t, unlimited 4g for $360 a year. Works great so far. Been able to stream Netflix and wife has been able to use VoIP for work at the same time with no lag.
    https://www.runswithtogo.com/roadlink-product-details
    Installed Togo Roadlink as well, and so far it's been pretty awesome! I wired mine up to the solar controllers "load" port (it uses about 4-6 watts depending upon usage), so it's powered full-time, and I can reset it via Renogys iOS app. In addition to regular usage, the $360/year Unlimited AT&T plan allows for me to have 4 Blink security cams up and running 24/7, two of which are set to record and alert in case of motion. I am happy!
    Last edited by Flyhighone; 10-06-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got the Roadlink C2 from Togo. Uses At&t, unlimited 4g for $360 a year. Works great so far. Been able to stream Netflix and wife has been able to use VoIP for work at the same time with no lag.
    https://www.runswithtogo.com/roadlink-product-details
    How is the unit mounted? I'm guessing on the roof right? How did you route power to the unit? I'm thinking this will be a good solution for me while working from the road. Even though we'll be part time, not having to worry about an internet connection via a RV park's wifi would be really nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    How is the unit mounted? I'm guessing on the roof right? How did you route power to the unit? I'm thinking this will be a good solution for me while working from the road. Even though we'll be part time, not having to worry about an internet connection via a RV park's wifi would be really nice.
    Ours is actually mounted inside on top of the cabinets. I ran the power back to the main fuse panel by the circuit breakers and put the 3 amp fuse in there. I put the switch next to the TV outlet. We tested it both inside and outside before hardwiring it and we were getting almost the exact same speed so we decided to try it inside for now and have had good luck with it. Nice thing is as you can also use it as a Wi-Fi booster as well if you are not in an AT&t coverage area and the park has good Wi-Fi.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is actually mounted inside on top of the cabinets. I ran the power back to the main fuse panel by the circuit breakers and put the 3 amp fuse in there. I put the switch next to the TV outlet. We tested it both inside and outside before hardwiring it and we were getting almost the exact same speed so we decided to try it inside for now and have had good luck with it. Nice thing is as you can also use it as a Wi-Fi booster as well if you are not in an AT&t coverage area and the park has good Wi-Fi.
    I've got a 337RLS and I don't see any real room above the cabinets. I might be able to install the unit on the top shelf of the pantry. I'll have to think about it once I pick up my trailer next Saturday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a 337RLS and I don't see any real room above the cabinets. I might be able to install the unit on the top shelf of the pantry. I'll have to think about it once I pick up my trailer next Saturday.
    I would suggest setting it up with just using your car battery at first before you hardwire it then you can just move the antenna around to see where you get the best coverage. We were fortunate enough that it worked out on top of bar cabinets. You may have to but yours on the roof.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest setting it up with just using your car battery at first before you hardwire it then you can just move the antenna around to see where you get the best coverage. We were fortunate enough that it worked out on top of bar cabinets. You may have to but yours on the roof.
    That's sort of what I figure. I'm just a little nervous about poking holes in my brand new roof. I was hoping someone had gone down this path before. I'll continue to search the internet for suggestions. I saw one youtube where the guy is like "Oh, just drill a hole through your roof to run the wire." There's got to be a better way. If nothing else I might look into adding a 12v transformer to the the A/C unit. I can't see a situation where I'd need internet for work and didn't also have full shore power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best WIFI option yet.....

[QUOTE=TNFisher;259610]Check out these folks.
    https://www.visible.com/
    True unlimited and no reduced speeds. It’s Verizon’s LTG coverage. Lot of videos on YouTube. You can buy the $19 phone and use as hotspot. Add a mobile router and you can run multiple devices. $40 month. Tax and fee included.
    Visible Wireless.

I just got the Visible service with the $20 phone and my only conern is, a deal this good can't last. I got the HooToo pocket router and I run my laptop, my wife's laptop and 2 Roku TVs on it and so far it is amazing (as long as you are in a Verizon service area). It truly is $40 per month prepaid with no contract. I'm pretty sure that the price will go up over time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast