User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdhutson View Post
    I just got the Visible service with the $20 phone and my only conern is, a deal this good can't last. I got the HooToo pocket router and I run my laptop, my wife's laptop and 2 Roku TVs on it and so far it is amazing (as long as you are in a Verizon service area). It truly is $40 per month prepaid with no contract. I'm pretty sure that the price will go up over time.
    I just looked at their site and notice they state up front "Plus, for a limited time, we’ve removed our speed cap". Does anyone know what the current speed is and what the capped speed will be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can a laptop running Win 10 be used as a router using Chrome Cast feature to a Roku streaming stick ??
    I only use a single laptop and wonder if a dedicated router is necessary ?

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Da Breeze; 10-07-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbucket View Post
    If you have a cell with unlimited why not turn it into a hotspot?

We don't have phones, but use a mifi7000

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Because most "unlimited plans" have a limit on hot spot usage. My at&t plan limits to 10 gigs for hotspot usage. Though that is per line and we have 4. That still wont last long if your streaming alot.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my wife and I just went through this exercise after staying in 2 campgrounds with terrible wifi. We have an Alfa wifi booster, but that doesn't help when the signal is terrible or non-existent. Looking at cell phone providers, Sprint had the best hotspot data plan at $50 a month for 50 gb, or $60 for 100 gb. However, we had a hard time getting the device from them. We were AT&T customers and just wanted the Sprint hotspot. No stores in the Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA area carried hotspots. We also discovered that unlimited data plans do not necessarily include hotspot data.

After much research, we switched our phones from AT&T to Sprint. We have one premium unlimited plan that includes 100 gb of hotspot data, unlimited phone data and free Hulu and Amazon Prime memberships. We pay $150 a month total for that plan plus one unlimited plus plan (unlimited phone data and 50 gb hotspot) plus two new Galaxy s10 phones. Since the phone data is unlimited I cast Hulu, Amazon video and Sling to our smart TV and save the hotspot data for our laptops. So far we've used 47 gb of data over 2 weeks of TV viewing and 7 gb of hotspot for web surfing.

I found out about the Togo Roadlink after switching our phones, but I would seriously consider that if I hadn't. It is more upfront cost, but might be better in the long run.
    Bill & Lisa
    2013 Ford F350 Platinum diesel
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^Can you stop/start service? If I needed it for Nov. but not again until March, is that an option?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Visible requires no contract. When you activate it’s for 1 month. You can use autopay and it keeps renewing or let it lapse and reactivate when you need it. The catch, It only runs off of 4G/LTE on Verizon network. If you get in a 3G or 1X is does not work. However, the 4G coverage it’s pretty large nationwide. I just moved my Daughter into an apartment. I also installed the HooToo mobile router. The hot spot only allows one device so the router logs onto phone and you can connect multiple devices to the router. I have streamed a Amazon fire stick movie and two YouTube channels at the same time on 3 different devices without any stuttering. Speed runs around 6-10. By far cheaper than the available AT&T service in her building. So far so good. We are in East TN and service is fine. Usually 2-4 bars on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Winegard Togo Roadlink as well. I got it it up and running yesterday in my driveway. Whoever developed the device and software were top notch. Extremely smooth startup. They were even prepared for my dimwit mistake.

Before installing the dome I noted serial number and other important information on the bottom of the unit. I knew I would need it somehow for startup so, I planned to take a photo of it for later. Oops! Forgot all about the the photo until after the unit was fully installed. It as a OMG moment for sure. Then I see they had all the same information on the box and on the owners manual. What a relief.

Seriously, though. Installation and startup was a breeze on my 2500RL. Now I need to test cell reception, but I am not sure which data plan to take. We are part timers. We would be lucky to make a single 3 day trip a month. I could get 5GB a month for $25 and pay as I go, but I don't know how far 5GB would go. Anyone share their experience?
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234