User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low volume out of furnace ducts in living room

Not much air coming from furnace ducts in the center island floor. Lots goming from bedroom and bathroom. Tried but cant easily remove duct vents...so tight that I am afraid of breaking them. Cant find any blockage in the furnace compartment. And I dont wa t the underbelly opened up
    Thanks
    Believer

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will have to take the underbelly down it is easy to do "DON"T cut it" remove the screws so can lower that section and use a flashlight to see if the cheap vent tube is kinked or torn. I had to do this to mine because of the bedroom easy to do project just a pain working under the trailer.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still under warranty. Might pull it up to my dealer after I winterize it this fall

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Not much air coming from furnace ducts in the center island floor. Lots goming from bedroom and bathroom. Tried but cant easily remove duct vents...so tight that I am afraid of breaking them. Cant find any blockage in the furnace compartment. And I dont wa t the underbelly opened up
    Thanks
    Believer
    I don't know which trailer you have but in 315 like mine there are single 2 inch ducts running to bed and bath.
    There are 2 - 4 inchers running to the island. These large ducts will never have the velocity of the smaller ones but should deliver a good volume. On my '17 I found the factory tape job was blocking the ducts at the register in the island. Removing the registers was the only way I could clear this. I have dropped the coroplast, that would be my last resort.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to try again to remove register on one side or the other. They are so tight I am afraid if breaking them.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    My 297RSTS has the same problem. I will be very curious what you find. My better half does not like heat in the bedroom and that seems to get the most. I hate to plug a vent because of the potential of overheating the furnace. There is so little room where the tubes leave the furnace to the LR that they are kinked some. The bath and bedroom both have good straight flows.. I am thinking I need to do some rearranging but not sure where everything runs and how.
    Which unit do you have?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue with my 297RSTS. I have pulled the hutch access and checked the duct work that goes to the island. The only thing I found was the bottom connection on the back of the furnace that supplies one of the ducts to the island was kinked pretty bad. Straightened it out and got slightly better flow to the island. I would guess that the duct connections were made before the furnace was fully installed and then the furnace was pushed into place as that would explain the crushed ducts. The ducts that supply the bedroom and bathroom were also slightly crushed by the converter which leads me to believe that is how the connections were made. I also raised the converter so that it did not interfere with these other ducts. One of the things I am going to try, is blocking off the vent that faces the television. There are three vents so blocking one should not be a problem. I may also try in the future, some low c.f.m 12 volt box fans in the plenum under the island and/or throttling down the ducts that supply the bathroom and bedroom.
    Last edited by Cahriad; 10-01-2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: clarity, bad grammar/punctuation
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found poor heat to the island on my 2016 313rlts. Noticed the hutch base would get really warm when running the furnace. When pulling the distribution circuit panel to install hard wired surge protection I noticed one of my 4" ducts had rubbed on the other to create large hole in ducting.
    It's too far for me to reach from the end of hutch with circuit panel, even with my long arms. How can I get within reach to install new ducting? Front of hutch removal?? How?

Thanks

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RMOsgood2016, do you have a metal panel on the front of the hutch? If so, removing that should give you better access. I'm assuming that what you are calling the hutch is also known as the coffee bar.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks kb0zke.
    No metal panel. My "hutch" has three glass doors above and three drawers below the narrow countertop. The base is that faux wood foam board with wood decal.

I might be able to remove the drawers, but still too far a reach down to the furnace to remove ducting. I'd hate to think that removing the furnace from the outside to get at the housing which is what the ducting is actually connected to is my only option. Oh boy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast