User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Virginia Camper
    Thanks for the responses. I think 75 -77 degrees should be plenty of turning area.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion that would be the way to go. If they are building it the Fords rail kit is also a good choice

Aeromech
    I've got a Ram Mega Cab with a Superglide hitch and love it. Works great all the time every time so far. It's a bit heavy but I lift it off 4 post with my hoist and its out of the bed. Just turn the post 90* and remove. Had to do an almost 90* cut once so far and no manual release to remember and no worries.

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I have a B&W Companion Slider which is very nice, but needs to be lubed just about every trip to keep it from squeaking. I am in the process of developing a fifth wheel collision sensor that will alert you if the corner is getting too close. I'll keep you guys informed of the progress. I hope to get it installed this weekend.
    Thanks
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chris...seeing that the Companion hitch has some adjustment front to back, is there any opportunity to move the pivot arms to the rear-most position for additional clearance?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Virginia Camper
    Hello Chris! Any news on that sensor?

barkermd
    I had a reese slider in a short bed 2012 f-250., pulling a 369RL solitude. Never had to slide it back.. I had plenty of room to turn.

Virginia Camper
    Thanks barkermd. I have decided to roll the dice and get the B&W Companion OEM for my short bed. I think the ability to take the hitch down to 71lb pieces and have a clean bed is worth the risk. It keeps me confident when I read posts like yours.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Reflection and Solitude lines have the radiused front with an extended pin box and should work just fine with a SB.
    Funny thing is that my current Cougar High Country has a dealer installed Sidewinder and they said nothing about warranty. Jayco also offers the Reese Revolution pin box as an option and they may be a Lippert frame also. I believe the Revolution is very similar to the Sidewinder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Revolution and the Sidewinder are the same product. The Revolution is the OEM product that is installed at the factory. I have a Sidewinder on my Reflection and am very happy with it. My camping buddy also has one on his Reflection 303 and another friend has one for his triple axle toy hauler. I have a Reese Pro-series hitch that easily removes and then I have my whole box available. I contacted Lippert and they informed that I do not void any warranties.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast