Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2013 F250, crew cab, short bed (80 inches inside bed--6.75 ft), B&W Patriot hitch (non slider), Reflection 337. Not possible to turn 90 degrees. I think Grand Design says you can turn about 77 degrees.

I back very, very slowly into a spot. Twice last summer I heard the trailer touch the pickup. Immediately stopped. Could not find any evidence of where they touched.

My wife got me walkie-talkies for Christmas. I told her many times that if I could not see her in my mirrors, I would not know where to back. Maybe we will do better this year.

Robert
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robert: You have the right idea. Nothing like a second set of eyes when backing up. Now, you just need to get the lingo down pat with the wife.

Walkie talkies are the way to go, as nobody I know seems to stay within my mirrors as I back up. If they cannot see me, I certainly cannot see them.

Ditkitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Robert: You have the right idea. Nothing like a second set of eyes when backing up. Now, you just need to get the lingo down pat with the wife.

Walkie talkies are the way to go, as nobody I know seems to stay within my mirrors as I back up. If they cannot see me, I certainly cannot see them.
    Good idea - we usually use our cell phones, but of course there is not always reception. Even if I stay in the mirror and point left, I usually mean the trailer needs to go left and Dave usually thinks I want him to turn the wheel to the left......nothing like actually being able to TALK to each other!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See last post on this other thread .
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...Marriage+saver

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Rdgroup
    Have F250 Short bed. Spent the money for Demco Hijacker autoslide hitch. Not worried about most backing situations like backing into RV space but the time when you come upon unforeseen places where a tight backup is necessary. Road construction areas, low bridges. Came upon a low bridge and w/of the slider I would have backed up traffic more than the five minutes to turn around in three lanes of road. Also have had instance where some "kind" people park making it a little harder to back into a spot.

Virginia Camper
    Hello All,
    I picked up our 369RL last week and went forward as I said buying the B&W Companion OEM for my short bed F350. I am VERY happy with the decision. The hitch is incredible; light weight (compared to others), easily removed and installed, leaves my bed clean when removed, and I never got close to hitting my cab when I backed the trailer into my campsite (which we own). Highly recommend this hitch. Thanks all for your comments and suggestions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234