Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water pooling in hitch end cloroplast

Just saw water dripping from belly skin at front end of my 337. Unscrewed many coroplast bolts, about a half gallon spilled out. Got enough view inside, all is dry except a bit of constant wetness coming along the main frame member from the front. Suspect bedroom A/C condensation, because I cannot see plumbing issues to have leaks in that area. We did have some rain and wind, but not like we have had earlier this year.
    Any ideas?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you drove it all in the rain? It's common to get water down there from rain driving as it is not "sealed". I dont see how AC condensation would get into the coroplast unless you are just talking about general condensation from temperature difference and not necessarily the AC itself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Have you drove it all in the rain? It's common to get water down there from rain driving as it is not "sealed". I dont see how AC condensation would get into the coroplast unless you are just talking about general condensation from temperature difference and not necessarily the AC itself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    No, we are semi-permanent, no driving for last month. Little rain and wind, but not anything like we had a month ago. I shut down bedroom A/C for the night and will see if any more water appears. I still suspect the condensation since I have not seen the drip channels emitting anything in that area. If it is the A/C, how do you think it seeped into the belly? Not a bunch, but enough to spill out a quart or two when I unscrewed a portion of coroplast.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmek14906 View Post
    No, we are semi-permanent, no driving for last month. Little rain and wind, but not anything like we had a month ago. I shut down bedroom A/C for the night and will see if any more water appears. I still suspect the condensation since I have not seen the drip channels emitting anything in that area. If it is the A/C, how do you think it seeped into the belly? Not a bunch, but enough to spill out a quart or two when I unscrewed a portion of coroplast.
    Did you ever find out what it was? We have a similar issue; we live full time in the RV and noticed a bulging under the coloplast; cut flaps in it and quite a bit of fluid came out. We tested all the tanks, separately by filling with 30 gallons of water as we suspected one of the tanks had a rip or leak; nothing happened. Once we closed up all three tanks to move, and when we were stationary, after about 3 days (with all tanks closed), fluid gushed out. We are now keeping our two gray tank valves open to the sewer and have had no problems. We suspect a bad seal or valve problem in one of the gray tanks; we hope to get this looked at soon when we return to our previous campsite.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    Did you ever find out what it was? We have a similar issue; we live full time in the RV and noticed a bulging under the coloplast; cut flaps in it and quite a bit of fluid came out. We tested all the tanks, separately by filling with 30 gallons of water as we suspected one of the tanks had a rip or leak; nothing happened. Once we closed up all three tanks to move, and when we were stationary, after about 3 days (with all tanks closed), fluid gushed out. We are now keeping our two gray tank valves open to the sewer and have had no problems. We suspect a bad seal or valve problem in one of the gray tanks; we hope to get this looked at soon when we return to our previous campsite.
    I discovered a loose fitting for the supply line to galley sink. It was seeping water down into belly of trailer and was only noticed when I felt moisture under the sink. May be the culprit for me, anyway.