User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problems with our roof. If you want to try and look at the framing, remove the plastic trim around the roof vents and you should be able to see above the ceiling.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    I have been in construction most of my life. I have been on the roof many times and have no reason to believe they are not 16" on center. 3/8" plywood would never support your weight or any snow load at 32" or 48" centers for the trusses. I would guess the diagram shows where certain trusses must be placed for openings and the rest of the spaces are filled in as needed.
    You should watch this video; your construction experience might not relate to Grand Design's construction experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEUmZ4-z1Bg
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    if you want to get upset regarding GD roof construction, take a look at this post that was shared here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...eferrerid=8240
    I saw this video earlier this week and was floored. As a first time buyer, I was focused on GD because of everything I've heard but after seeing that video and reading this post - I think I should widen my search.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a big concern to me as well. I'm shocked GD is leaving itself open to a class action suit like this. Both dealers I dealt with prior to purchase stressed this GD feature. My concern is both structural integrity for me, but also long term resale value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has me highly concerned, because like a lot of us, we went with GD for their reputation for build “quality.” We are also newbies and went with word of mouth and what we researched when we finally settled with GD.

Is this issue limited to certain models/designs, i.e. Reflections vs Solitude, 5th vs TT? I’m a bigger than average man and don’t want to fall through my roof when having to do maintenance and repairs! We have a 377MBS and we’ve already had to do minor repairs in the 5 months that we’ve owned it, but structural/roof is some serious sh*t!! We live out of ours full time...what kind of longevity are we looking out of this RV before I’m burning it down for insurance money?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12