Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot water heater not working

Only 2nd time out and hot water heater not working. First tried electric then gas then both. Still no hot water. Switches on control panel are lit in either mode. Circuit breaker is not tripped. Could it be pcb?? Stumped any suggestions.
    Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nutchie55 View Post
    Stumped any suggestions.
    A common cause of this problem is that the hot and cold valves on any outside connections are open. This allows the water to mix and not get hot.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try this: remove outside cover of water heater. Re-seat the electrical plug on the DSI board.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx to both comments. Checked both ideas. We’re dry camping but with electric so don’t know how to check water valves. They’re presently set for dry camping.
    Checked plugs at water heater, unplugged and replugged and checked small 2 amp fuse. Everything appears to be in order. Retried heater and gas ignited. Now confirming electric. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nutchie55 View Post
    We’re dry camping but with electric so don’t know how to check water valves.
    The valves I'm referring to are the hot and cold shut offs for the outside shower. I don't know what rig you have, but I assume it has some form of outside shower, which has a hot water knob, a cold water knob, and an on/off lever on the shower head. It is a pretty common problem to leave the hot and cold valves open when not in use, which allows the hot and cold water to mix with the result being no hot water - warm at best.

Press the on/off lever on the shower head so that water will come out. If it does (without doing anything else), that was probably your problem. Now while holding the on/off valve open, turn off the hot and cold knobs and see if your problem is fixed (possibly after a little time for the water to warm up).
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    We purchased a new 22RBE in December. Took it out in late December. Our hot water heater worked fine. We wereboondocking. Took it out again in early February with shore power. The hot water heater didn’t work on gas or electric. I can’t find the 2 am fuse mentioned in one of your reply’s. Is it behind the 2” rectangular cover?
    I called Dometic for help. They told me it’s so new they haven’t created a service manual.
    I also has dripping at the nylon plug. I purchased a brass petcock. Dometic told me installing it would void the 2 year warranty.
    How did you resolve your no hot water issue?