User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Rig Should I Install Observation Cam or Have Dealer ?

We have a 310GK on order and though some manufacturers give you the option of adding the observation camera GD does not. Would you guys recommend the just rear obs cam or the unit with rear and sides? Is this a pretty EZ just plug and play or is there more to it? Furrion seems to have market share is this the standard or just marketing?
    Last edited by CGDG93; 10-01-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I opted to just install myself the Furrion rear view model. I've found it works well. I was a bit afraid that the side views would create more distractions than I needed. Also, my F250 has good mirrors that give a pretty good view of the sides of the truck and RV.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will take you five minutes to install the camera into the factory prep! You will need to change the pairing of the observation camera and Furrion monitor though. Furrion now sets all the shark fin mount camera and monitor sets with the camera paired as a door cam. You'll need to pair it to the rear cam position so you can use the proximity lines. This is another 5 minutes but I'm telling you because you need to do it during camera installation because the pairing button is on the camera.

My dealer wouldn't allow me to climb a ladder on the property because of insurance reasons. I had brought my own step ladder so my wife and I pulled into a gas and go and I installed the camera right there. Easy, peasy and it works well!

Furrion Vision S with 7" monitor. Night vision is pretty good too!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK looks and sounds to definitely be a simple install and it is plug and play especially if you go with the Furrion camera. My plan will be to get the Furrion S7 single camera. If later I feel it necessary for the side marker cameras they can be added.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGDG93 View Post
    OK looks and sounds to definitely be a simple install and it is plug and play especially if you go with the Furrion camera. My plan will be to get the Furrion S7 single camera. If later I feel it necessary for the side marker cameras they can be added.
    That was my same logic too. Whether you buy the set all at once, or in pieces, general pricing works out to be about the same. I ended up, after some serious internet shopping and a discount code, put together a three camera setup for $690. I just installed the side cameras this evening. Also about 5 minutes per side using the factory prep to install and less time to pair them with the monitor.

I've been towing something since I was a kid on the farm, and have had a CDL for years and also own a pretty long enclosed car trailer so dragging trailers is not a big deal. However, when it comes to backing Soli down our curved, 220-foot driveway that's only only 18" wider than the camper body after the road apron, and lined by DW's favorite plantings before needing to make a tight wag into Soli's slip, I now very much appreciate the side cameras backing alone!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I opted for the haloview mc7108 over the furrion. It was less expensive and had better reviews. Installation was not quite as easy as the furrion but not difficult. On my first trip I ran into axle issues and had to take the trailer in to have the front axle checked and the shop happened to have a furrion set up and functioning in the parts dept. Image quality was vastly inferior to the haloview both in resolution and refresh rate. I would strongly recommend the haloview over the furrion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Takes 15 minute from unboxing to ready to roll. I'd do it yourself or just make them include it in the deal if you are buying a new RV. Get at least the 5" screen as a min., the 4.3" is sort of small.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive had two furrion observations. very happy. if you have a spare 10 minutes and know how to operate a small screwdriver, you’re all set. . it’s totally plug and play just remember to press and hold the rubber button in on the bottom of the camera while doing your initial pairing. easy stuff!!