User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD Will Tires Be Balanced From Plant?

Just thought I would ask and feel I know the answer, but when we pick up our new Solitude will the tires be balanced? If the answer is NO then do most of you have dealer do it or just take it and have it done on your dime? I hate having someone that doesn't normally jack up RV's do it plus the torque.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine were not balanced. I purchased a jack, which I now keep in the trailer basement, and jacked the trailer up as I would to change the tire. I pulled one and took it, and the spare, to a local tire store to be balanced. I then put the two balanced tires on that side and pulled one from the other side. Two more to the tire store for balancing, then finally, the last one. Took a few hours, but when you are retired, you can do those kind of things.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope not balanced. I had mine balanced and some took a lot of weight. One had to be rotated on the rim. Trailer rides a lot smoother with the tires balanced. You will also get longer life and reduce the stress on the suspension.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto, not balanced from the factory. I pulled the wheels and had them balanced at a local (chain) tire store I deal with. Took a LOT of weight to balance out. Our Solitude uses 8 on 6-1/2" bolt pattern. Other series (Reflection, etc.) may/will have a different bolt pattern. Note: The wheels are lug centric (centered) NOT hub centric as are most automotive (car & truck) wheels. The shop will need a lug centric adapter to balance the wheels. Most shops will already have the adapter. If they do not know what is lug centric or how to balance wheels on the lugs, find another shop.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s the problem for me. Around where I live they never heard of lug centric rims. Some tell me why bother you don’t need to balance trailer tires.
    I have to go 30 miles to get to a knowledgeable tire shop.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    That’s the problem for me. Around where I live they never heard of lug centric rims. Some tell me why bother you don’t need to balance trailer tires.
    I have to go 30 miles to get to a knowledgeable tire shop.
    Check out this thread:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ion-of-balance

Especially the discussion of Centramatic's.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    Check out this thread:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ion-of-balance

Especially the discussion of Centramatic's.

-Steve
    I'll have to get a set. I am tired of dealing with the tire knuckle heads around here. For our Imagine I had the dealership balance the tires but they don't have a balancing mach so they use an independent contractor that comes to the dealership twice a week to balance tires. The contractor only uses road force balancing and they charge a premium for it to the tune of $450. That would buy 4 centramatics discs.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel