Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning Rain Gutter

Hello group,

This is my first posting in the forum so if I make a mistake please cut me some slack.

While I am not currently a GD owner, I experienced the same issue with rain flowing off my deck Awning for years. All the tricks people have used like angling so water flows to one corner don’t address the problem of water splashing into living space.

I have developed an Awning Rain Gutter (provisional Patent rcvd) that can be applied to any Awning which incorporates a Valance Groove in the outer Roller Bar or front support bar. It can be provided in any length and incorporates its own integral Valance of any color. Simply slide out the existing Valance and install the Gutter in its place.

This is NOT a Velcro attachment as others have done, it is a permanent fix. With front Roller designs it can be left in place and rolled up with the Awning for storage. For those with fixed roller systems mounted to the exterior wall, the gutter can be removed from the front bar and rolled up upon itself for storage, no matter the length.

This is not an advertisement to sell anything. However, I am interested in hearing from the group to get your impression/feed back on this solution. I have had this device on my Deck Awning for two years and LOVE it. No more sheets of rain splashing into my deck area off the front bar. Rain water is directed away to one point eliminating pools of water (mud in the case of campers) along the Awning length.

Features have been engineered into the design which will enable it to be shipped virtually anywhere as standard freight no matter the open length of the Awning Gutter.

I look forward to your thoughts.
    Last edited by Gibsgutter; 10-02-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, do you have Pictures? Of how it looks and how it works in action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I do have some photos and a couple videos, amateur at best but it shows how it works. I’ll post them today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photos

I tried to upload some video files but no success. My first attempt with the attached pics resulted in upside down pictures, trying again. No luck, sorry about the orientation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B7EF1D3C-395C-405E-8135-D3FD0D543A35.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	751.2 KB 
ID:	22989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	773E1573-4E49-424E-A10C-3F1D3F0BE221.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	808.8 KB 
ID:	22990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B77661BB-A7BC-4C70-B9F2-7591D1E321E0.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	753.8 KB 
ID:	22991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1522008F-BC10-4E16-A5D2-ADC51B101962.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	22992

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting. Looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk