User Tag List

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange email from Admins/mgrv “team”

Bruce received a strange message on the email we used to register here. Subject line reads: Welcome Back Grand Design Owners. The greeting began, “Dear Whitbeir”. Our screen name is and has always been as posted to the left. We’ve never left the forum. A search for Whitbier (however spelled) turns up no results.

N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, that is odd, I have reported it to the more experienced moderators to look into.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one has me stumped too, Whitbier is a belgian brew that is pale ( I googled it) @JanetH might be the one to answer this
    Wonder if there is an automated email that has gone rogue and mixing things/forums up ??
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    This one has me stumped too, Whitbier is a belgian brew that is pale ( I googled it) @JanetH might be the one to answer this
    Wonder if there is an automated email that has gone rogue and mixing things/forums up ??
    Thanks, Marcy, the strange thing is, Bruce is a brewer, most recently (not too-due to time constraints) his quick go-to is summer wheat beers. It’s not usually spelled with an “h”. Your last sentence was more of my way of thinking. Of course, at the bottom, you are offered the typical “unsubscribe” link. No, neither of us would click the link. Just thought someone in charge would want to know, just in case it’s a bit more than just a glitch. Also wondering if anyone else has received a strange email.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Bruce received a strange message on the email we used to register here. Subject line reads: Welcome Back Grand Design Owners. The greeting began, “Dear Whitbeir”. Our screen name is and has always been as posted to the left. We’ve never left the forum. A search for Whitbier (however spelled) turns up no results.

N
    We sent this out to folks with account who had not logged in in some time in an effort to let folks know that the url of the site had changed and to remind them we're here.

Regarding the Whitbier account... this is a actually registered username and my bet is that perhaps the account was registered and then forgotten about... Shoot me a note if you have concerns about this and I can help you either recover the account or remove it.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss