Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV with your grandchildren

Just returned from 5 week Road Trip to Oregon and Washington. Our 16 year old granddaughter and her friend were with us for 3 weeks. We take my granddaughter with us several times during the year but this year was so extra special. Like most kids these girls are on their phones constantly. While we were on the Oregon Coast and Columbia River Gorge there were places with no cell, Wi-Fi or OTA. While we were in these places I noticed such a change in the girls; they were much more chatty with us and each other; offering to help with the set-up and clean-up without being asked. They hadn't seen many of the DVD's we brought and really enjoyed them. It was fun to share with them movies their mother enjoyed as kids; all 3 of the Back To the Future's, Sixteen Candles, Lost Boys, Die Hard, Wedding Singer etc. We also played Sorry and Yahtzee; in addition we worked on their card playing and shuffling skills. During the day we kept super busy with rafting, hiking, sightseeing and of course eating. I highly recommend finding spots without service I felt like I got to know my granddaughter better and enjoyed getting to know her friend. I only have one or two more years to spend long summer trips with her; I plan to make the most of them. If you don't camp with your grandchildren now try it you won't regret it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it great to share "the old days" without electronics with the grandkids?!!! We just did a 3 week trip out west with our 17 year old grandson and he was totally disconnected . Went trail riding and rock climbing, spelunking and hiking. Connected in ways you can't at home with all the distractions. By the way, we have 7 grandkids and take turns vacationing with them separately. They pick their adventure or destination and off we go. Next year our 11 year old wants a historic tour of Gettysburg and Washington DC. Looking forward to the trip but not the traffic in DC
    Joe and Sandy
    2017 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Silverado 3500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been going to a NFS campground in southern Colorado every summer since I was a lad. When my wife and I got married over 45 years ago, the tradition continued with us and then our three daughters. They all have families now and we still go. There is no service at all, cell, internet or TV and it is great. We have such a wonderful family time. We play cards, do crafts, sit around the campfire and enjoy each other's company. Our grandkids love it!
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]