Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DVD installation

I have a 2017 Reflection 29rs that I would like to install a DVD player in the compartment above the TV adjacent to the radio. My problem is that I cannot find a way to route the HDMI cable from that space down and out to the TV. Has anybody managed to do this? Thanks for any suggestions.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbs2 View Post
    I have a 2017 Reflection 29rs that I would like to install a DVD player in the compartment above the TV adjacent to the radio. My problem is that I cannot find a way to route the HDMI cable from that space down and out to the TV. Has anybody managed to do this? Thanks for any suggestions.
    Although I don't know your trailer I've owned two others in which Grand Design didn't put much thought into making this obvious owner upgrade easy.

In both of mine there was already a low-quality DVD player / CD player / radio factory-installed, from which the factory had run an HDMI cable down to the TV. If you have this too, then an easy solution is to purchase an inexpensive HDMI switcher that can take as inputs your DVD and/or Blu-ray and/or Satellite box and/or factory radio and use the existing single cable as the output for all of them to the TV. Then use the HDMI switch to select the source you want to watch, which will feed that source through the factory HDMI cable to your TV.

Here's an example of an HDMI switch but it's not the one I've used; can't find that one at the moment. There are many other choices at Amazon or good electronics stores.

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Tech...s%2C171&sr=8-2

If you don't have a factory radio with an HDMI cable running from upper cabinet to TV, sorry, I'm out of my league. There are wireless transmitter/receivers that might work for you but I have no knowledge or experience with them.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wireless+...b_sb_ss_i_1_14
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbs2 View Post
    Your entertainment hutch looks very similar to the one in our old "17 315RLTS. I installed a Bluray player in the cabinet next to the radio. Remove the radio by popping off the faceplate, then removing the 4 screws holding it in place. You'll see there is empty space behind the radio and a bunch of wires. This space also runs behind the tv. Using a hole saw, cut a hole large enough to pass an HDMI cable through in the side wall or floor of the cabinet. I made the hole big enough to install a rubber grommet. Remove the tv or swing it out if you have that type of mount. You may or may not need to cut another hole behind the tv. Now fish an HDMI cable from DVD player to tv. I also installed a sound bar w/ wireless sub. Great picture and sound.

BTW, on the 2020 315, GD provided a grommeted hole in the cabinet for this.