User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I must give credit where it's due, Tom Schaeffer's RV service team pulled out all the stops and worked on our RV so we had it back on Friday for our trip, the service team did a great job of keeping us informed.

The only let down was the living area floor repair that they did not do due to not having the replacement flooring from GD
    They had the recall kit in from GD and replaced the bolts saying it all looked OK but best to change them for the new set.

So the RV will be back in the workshop in February to get the last two jobs done just before the warranty runs out!

They had a lot of GD in stock if anyone is looking!

Happy Thanksgiving

Tony
    Tony & Hilary Self
    2014 Momentum 385TH #290
    2015 Ford F450 with B&W Companion ,Transfer Flow 57 G Midship and 40 G Toolbox tanks
    Extra load springs

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it all worked out for you.

We try to make everything go smoothly, but in this business, it rarely does....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony. I am glad it turned out good for you.

I want to start by saying that I am on my 3rd RV from Tom Schaeffers. I drive 3 hours each way to have service done on my RV at Tom Schaeffers because they have my absolute total faith that the job will get done completely and properly.

Here is a quick story of my experience with Tom Schaeffers RV. When I purchased my first RV from them, not a Grand Design product, I had major structural problems that were caused from the very day it was built. It was sent back to the manufacturer in Indiana where it stayed for 2 months while the repairs were being done.

When I finally get it back and use it for the first time the same structural issues started again. As soon as I contacted Tom Schaeffers they were quickly on the phone with the manufacturer explaining to them that this was unacceptable. Because of all the work done from my salesman Steve to the sales manager Mark and to Terry in service, it was declared a lemon by the manufacturer and I received a new replacement. Not only did I receive a new replacement but I went from a 2010 unit to a 2012 unit, I was offered to change floor plans if I wanted. I opted to stay with the floor plan I had but was upgraded to leather seating and stainless steel appliances at no cost.

All of this would not have happened if not for the excellent ownership, management and workers at Tom Schaeffers RV.

Tony just wanted to give you my thoughts on Tom Schaeffers and I hope you have many great years camping in your Momentum.
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All
    Sorry for not ending this thread had a lot on and now back in the UK after putting the RV and truck to bed for the winter.
    The dealer Tom Schaeffer's did a great job and we had the RV back in time for our trip to MA so a big thanks to the service team, they did not get all the jobs done so it back in Feb to finish off the warranty issues. we still have two splits in the living floor and small jobs but GD have said that is fine just get them fixed ASAP. (thanks GD)
    The recall for the the bolts on the axles was all changed so all up to date on that now.
    Have a good winter all
    Tony
    Tony & Hilary Self
    2014 Momentum 385TH #290
    2015 Ford F450 with B&W Companion ,Transfer Flow 57 G Midship and 40 G Toolbox tanks
    Extra load springs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12