Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th wheel winter storage

Good afternoon to all.......

Just a quick question on using your hydraulic jacks for winter storage.

Personally, i've never owned a trailer with hydraulic jack's, always the electric kind so....... I'm on a learning curve here. My question is, does anyone use there hydraulics to take the pressure off there suspension and tires for winter ??

Let me know,

Thank you,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 367 BHS does not have the hydraulic jacks, but a set of electric. I think I read that the OEM stuff was not for storage or tire changing. There is a thread on here about using a set of these;
    https://zestamarket.com/products/pow...yABEgJB9vD_BwE

The saddles fit between the spring u-bolts and the weight of the trailer sits on the jack-stand portion when you release the jack. There is no weight on hydraulic portion of the bottle jack.
    I have used them and like them. Easy to use and hold up well. I use tire covers and they seem to keep the junk off the jacks as well as the bulk of the sunlight. I think they are the same price on amazon but with prime shipping won't be a large expense, as these are not light especially when you order 4.

I don't claim to be an expert on these new leveling systems (either hyd or elec) but my thinking is I want to keep the on board stuff for camping and these combo stands for storage. Just my two cents. Hope this helps answer your question although in a different direction.
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming from the motorized side of RVing, there is a large percentage of class A and C coaches that are stored with the jacks down. Also consider the full timers that spend months at a spot with the jacks down. I wouldn't necessarily remove all of the weight from the springs, but just "relax" them a bit. If you choose to leave them down, use cribbing to minimize the stroke of the cylinder, and then periodically wipe the exposed cylinder with the recommended product and a soft cloth. In reality, the only time my jacks are up is when we are moving.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    Coming from the motorized side of RVing, there is a large percentage of class A and C coaches that are stored with the jacks down. Also consider the full timers that spend months at a spot with the jacks down. I wouldn't necessarily remove all of the weight from the springs, but just "relax" them a bit. If you choose to leave them down, use cribbing to minimize the stroke of the cylinder, and then periodically wipe the exposed cylinder with the recommended product and a soft cloth. In reality, the only time my jacks are up is when we are moving.
    That makes sense......

Thank you,
    [B]2019 376TH
    Ford F-350 SRW 6.7 Pusher
    Firestone in-cab air bag system
    Hensley TS3 Trailer Saver