User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone's input! I think the word is getting out about the quality of the Grand Design product as the dealers down here are having difficulty keeping the Reflection 337rls and 367 bhs in stock. We have looked at other units (Cougar 368mbi) but the reviews and warranty complaints for Keystone scare me. It sounds like GD is really good with standing behind their warranty and with good customer service.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree! We have a 303 ordered in PA and production has been pushed back a week, hopefully the factory is taking extra steps to ensure the quality of the build??.! I don't mind waiting an extra week if it means paying more attention to detail..
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooling concerns

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyTX View Post
    We are currently considering the purchase of a new 337 rls and are seeking some feedback from current owners who have spent some time in hotter climates. We currently own a 2017 Rockwood 8329ss bumper-pull which we really like. We have had no problems with this unit and what we are most impressed with is how cool the coach stays in hot weather. We spend most summers down at the Texas coast where shoreline temperatures stay around 95 degrees and humidity is usually in the 70s. Our camper has 2 acs (Coleman Mach 3) and the temperature stays around 75 in the afternoons and will get down into the mid 60's at night and maintaining humidity levels in the low 40's. And thats with the camper sitting in full sun. Having said that, we are looking to go with a 5th wheel and especially like the larger showers and overall quality of the Grand Designs. When I look at the r-ratings on the 337 they appear to be similar to our Rockwood along with the Coleman acs. My question is whether current Grand Design owners are happy with the cooling capacities of their 5th wheels. It sounds like the units stay warm in cold weather but that is not usually a concern for us.
    We own a 379RLS and we spend a great deal of time on the Carolina coast where temps get pretty hot. Our unit stays nice and cool. We do assist by keeping the shades down on the sunny sides.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyTX View Post
    Thanks to everyone's input! I think the word is getting out about the quality of the Grand Design product as the dealers down here are having difficulty keeping the Reflection 337rls and 367 bhs in stock. We have looked at other units (Cougar 368mbi) but the reviews and warranty complaints for Keystone scare me. It sounds like GD is really good with standing behind their warranty and with good customer service.
    We have a 2018 337 RLS and with 2 AC's and we've been happy with it. We were in Colorado a year go, in full sun, and the high's hitting 103F. The 2 ac's keep the coach at about 78F. We do have slide out toppers. We don't have thermal pane windows. Our next unit (we're considering a Solitude 310) will have dual ac's and slide out toppers, and thermal pane windows.

We've been extremely happy with how GD stands behind their products. GD has been very good to us while covering our kitchen slide repairs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would get it equipped with 2 AC’s. If it is factory installed it will be ducted, if it is a dealer add on it won’t.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    I would get it equipped with 2 AC’s. If it is factory installed it will be ducted, if it is a dealer add on it won’t.
    Our Reflection came with only one AC. The vent in the bedroom was wired and ducted for a second one, if we wanted to add it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Get the 2nd AC for sure. To maximize the ability to cool, I would have two 15,000 BTU units. Also, get dual pane windows.
    Dang, with two 15,000 btu a/c units, you could hang meat. The front room probably has 1/3 or 1/4th the cubic feet as the kitchen/main room in a Reflection. I'd be freezing.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Dang, with two 15,000 btu a/c units, you could hang meat. The front room probably has 1/3 or 1/4th the cubic feet as the kitchen/main room in a Reflection. I'd be freezing.
    We have one of the small Reflection fifth wheels. We have 2 15000 units (not planned that way). It makes it real easy to just run the one in the bedroom when we're in the "living room" and vice versa. Less noisy and the cold spreads better. No need to run both at once, unless you're in Las Vegas in July/August.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We have been full-time in our 337 for a little over four years. It came from the factory with the 15K AC in the living area and a 13.5K in the bedroom (both on the racetrack ducting). The main thing that gets to us in hot climates is the noise of the ACs running so much (it bothers my wife more than it bothers me). Our biggest regret is that we don't have dual pane windows. I had the 3M crystalline film installed on all the glass a couple of years ago and it helps, but doesn't do much it the winter. As mentioned, order with two ACs and dual pane windows. You won't be sorry.

Rob
    We full time live in 2019 337rls and cooling not an issue. The AC's were little loud, especially the BR, when they kick on but I installed 2 Easy Starts to them and now very quite starts and running also quieter. You can run both on 30Amp with the Easy Starts installed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Unless something has changed the second AC will be ducted no matter who does the install. We have a 2015 303 and I just installed the second unit. The front vent hole is pre-wired and plumbed to the ducts.
    Ron & Nancy Ward
    2001 Dodge 2500/ 2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast