User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duallys usually sit a bit lower due to smaller tires, this also gives them a bit lower overall gear ratio compared to SRW. In any case, Ive seen plenty of 310’s sitting just fine on fords, even SRW. You should be fine.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowbug View Post
    I happened across a couple videos on YouTube that said in some cases, a 2019 F-350 could be too tall for certain fifth wheels. See links below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROcYY2JfHMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWiJWfs7uHc

I hope not because I just purchased a 2019 F-350 DRW with the intent on purchasing a 310-GK-R.

Thanks

EDIT .... I just saw the post below on a similar topic and if I am reading it correctly, it looks like I should be ok. But those videos sure gave me a moment of panic.

I had a 2017 F250 then bought a 2019 F350 dually. The dually sits lower to the ground by an inch or two. I tow a 2020 Monmentum 320G with no issues what so ever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3EF493FD-3266-4D5D-BDC0-E66CD4DD0E63.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	23115
    2021 F350 CC LB
    DW, diesel, 4x4
    2020 Momentum 320G

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread gives me great concern. We have a 2019 F350 DRW crew cab with long bed. The bed rail sits at 58.75" and the B&W Companion hitch plate is 4" below that. We have plans to place an order on Monday for the 310-GK. We have been pulling a 35' Cougar, and its nose sits a bit high with the hitch in its lowest position. I am concerned about bed rail clearance and keeping the trailer level.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvlife View Post
    This thread gives me great concern. We have a 2019 F350 DRW crew cab with long bed. The bed rail sits at 58.75" and the B&W Companion hitch plate is 4" below that. We have plans to place an order on Monday for the 310-GK. We have been pulling a 35' Cougar, and its nose sits a bit high with the hitch in its lowest position. I am concerned about bed rail clearance and keeping the trailer level.
    Hitch up to an in stock 310 and see how it fits. I cant imagine your dealer would object.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim2542 View Post
    Hitch up to an in stock 310 and see how it fits. I cant imagine your dealer would object.
    Great suggestion but they don’t have a 310. They have a 385 at 40’. Although 5’ longer would that work similarly?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great suggestion but they don’t have a 310. They have a 385 at 40’. Although 5’ longer would that work similarly?
    I would think they are the same, but if not find another dealer, or someone on this group nearby with a 310. I doubt you'll
    have any issue, or if you do there will be an adjustment or solution.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and @Sowbug. I think you should be just fine. I have a 2017 F-350 SRW and 310GK (see sig). My 310GK sits the truck down about 3". The truck is dead level and the trailer is about 1~1-1/2" nose high, very acceptable. The Dually starts a little lower but I believe has stiffer rear springs. I expect you will end up just a tad lower than I am, which should be just about prefect for the truck and trailer. I run my B&W Companion in the middle (of there) height settings. For me this is the best compromise between the trailer being level and the bed rail clearance (I have about 6").

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12