User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of glowsteps

Has anyone installed new steps on a 29RS?
    What specific model did you use.
    Went on e-trailer and they needed measurements
    Thanks
    Paul
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a set of the 5 step Revolution steps and will be installing them tomorrow on my Momentum 394. I went with the 5 step as my threshold to ground measurement is right at 42 inches.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Glow steps on our 303, 4 steps. Love the steps. Just remember to give a little tug test to be sure the top step is seated, with multiple choices at the top it's easy to not get it locked in.

If you have any questions you can call and order right from Torklift
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 10-03-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A+ on our Glowsteps 4 step model, install was easy on our 303
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also recently added the Glowstep 4 step model to my 303RLS. What a difference they make with the additional step which now makes for a 7 1/2 to 8" rise between steps instead of the 9 to 10" rise of the standard steps. Much more comfortable and safer. Expensive but worth it. They are really well made and a quality product. I also added the Stromberg Carlson Products AM-533 Lend A Hand Extended RV Assist Rail which compliments the additional lendth of the Glosteps. https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...0206768&sr=8-4

Both were easy installs but its best to have a helper removing the old steps and installing the Glosteps. I was able to do it using my riding mower lift jack.
    Last edited by HighFive; 10-04-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses,
    I’ll order 4 steps today.
    Hand rail too.
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey High Five,
    Did that rail fit in the same holes as the OEM handle ?
    Thanks
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I also recently added the Glowstep 4 step model to my 303RLS. What a difference they make with the additional step which now makes for a 7 1/2 to 8" rise between steps instead of the 9 to 10" rise of the standard steps. Much more comfortable and safer. Expensive but worth it. They are really well made and a quality product. I also added the Stromberg Carlson Products AM-533 Lend A Hand Extended RV Assist Rail which compliments the additional lendth of the Glosteps. https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...0206768&sr=8-4

Both were easy installs but its best to have a helper removing the old steps and installing the Glosteps. I was able to do it using my riding mower lift jack.
    I spent the day installing mine today. I had the Lippert Solid Step, so there was skirting under the door that had to be cut out. Fortunately, even though the Momentum came with the Solid Step, the factory had installed a frame mount for the fold out type steps on the trailer. So after a lot of very careful planning on where exactly to cut, I cut out the skirting and made an opening for the Glowsteps. I had ordered some edge molding from Amazon to cover the edge of the opening and that turned out looking very professional. One issue that I had to deal with, which took a lot of time. The Momentum has the onboard 5500W generator up front and the fuel line from the rear gasoline tank runs along the side of the trailer in between the top and bottom of the webbing for the main trailer frame on the curb side. The put the line inside a piece of black ABS pipe and it was in the way of the step frame. So, I very carefully took a Dremel with a cutoff wheel and circled the pipe on both sides of the step frame. I then had to make a vertical cut for the entire length of that opening, then rotate the pipe and make another horizontal cut so the pipe would come out and be out of the way. Extreme caution was needed during the cutting of the ABS pipe so as to not get the cutoff wheel into the rubber gasoline line and put a hole in it. The plan came together quite well and the steps are no installed. Tomorrow, I'll remove the Lippert Solid Step, then try to figure out what I'm going to do with the screw hole in the floor inside the trailer, right by the threshold.
    Last edited by xrated; 10-05-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to go through my receipts from 2011, we used to have something like these on our construction trailers that we got from a company called step up products out of eugene oregon, I saw they had a website too http://step-upproducts.com/models.html, torklift looks like they may have done some modifications to them.
    The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnoetzel View Post
    Hey High Five,
    Did that rail fit in the same holes as the OEM handle ?
    Thanks
    Yes it did. The mounts come with 3 holes with 2 holes vertically which line up with the old handle. The 3rd hole is to the left of the top hole on each mount. The instructions say not to use the 3rd hole for an aftermarket install and is there if the factory wants to use it and put blocking behind where it will go. I think Stromberg Carlson changed all of their mounts to 3 hole so some newer trailers may come with 3 on the factory mount. I saw in another post where someone did drill for the 3rd hole before reading the instructions and did not hit any blocking. Be sure to silicone the holes before installing the screws. Also put a glob of silicone to about 1/4" out from the hole all the way around the hole. You will see why when you look at the back of the mount. Their is a ring around where the screw comes out the back of the mount and this will seal out any water from getting to the screw & siding. GD used a small strip of Butyl tape when mounting the factory handle but I didn't have any. The silicone will work fine.
    Last edited by HighFive; 10-05-2019 at 06:48 AM.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast