User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went through the same thought process 295RLS vs 303RLS. We bought a 2020 303RLS. Here's why Deeper slide outs, 12' fridge, one of the recliners can be used when the couch bed is open.
    My sticker showing the weight when it left Grand Design says 10,030. Our rig has every option except dual pane windows. I currently tow with a 2018 F250 Diesel with a payload of 2395. I'm probably over pin weight. Truck pulls, stops, and handles great. The 303RLS in most cases is probably better suited for a F350, 3500 style truck for legal reasons.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we liked the 303, but no drawers in the bathroom was a big deciding factor. also, the 303 doesn't have a pocket door for the bathroom. you will hate the swing out door. we decided to go with the 337. kinda wish we went with the 295.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would like to hear from experienced fifth wheel owners 29RS vs. 303 RLS

We spent the day trying to decide which one to purchase. We thought we wanted the 150 series 260RD or 295RL but came away thinking the Reflection 295 RS or 303RLS is the one? Any thoughts from the experienced out there as to preferred choice and why?

Price difference is less than $3800 which is not so much to get the right one. Will be towing with F250 diesel and am confident after hearing from you all that this is enough truck. All thoughts and opinions appreciated!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimposey View Post
    We spent the day trying to decide which one to purchase. We thought we wanted the 150 series 260RD or 295RL but came away thinking the Reflection 295 RS or 303RLS is the one? Any thoughts from the experienced out there as to preferred choice and why?

Price difference is less than $3800 which is not so much to get the right one. Will be towing with F250 diesel and am confident after hearing from you all that this is enough truck. All thoughts and opinions appreciated!
    Personal preference, but I am not a fan of looking at the pedestal, sewage hookups or the neighbors when sitting at the dinner table. I prefer to look at the road/camp side of my campsite. After all, that is usually where the campfire is. But if you boondock a lot then I suppose it doesn’t really matter. I just think it’s nice to have awnings on the road side and windows to look out on the same side.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't own either. For us it was a tossup between s Soitude 375RES or 380FL. We went with the 375RES and love it. Basicslly it was rear or front living room decision
    It really has to be what you like and what checks the most high priority boxes on your must have and would like to have lists. If you haven't already, put together such a list since the $$ is not a factor. Others can tell you how they like their unit and why but that is them not you. Perhaps if you list the options or floor plans differences you think are the positives pulling you one way or the other, owners can comment if those things wound up being all that much of a benefit??

Best of luck...and my advice is if you really like both floor plans a lot don't tie yourself up in knots over the decision and then don't look back once you make it and have fun!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Tim & Sue..with pups Iris and Sam
    2019 Solitude 375RES; 2019 Ford F350 XLT Dually; B&W Companion 25K Hitch
    Previously camped with a 1993 26' Dutchman TT and 2007 Trailmanor 2720SL
    Retiring in 1.5+ years
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...pic22370_7.gif http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCVAsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I had the same decision to make as well, we went with the 29RS, basically because we were only gaining a pantry and a few lighting fixtures upgrades going to the 303RLS. The price point for us was about 10k difference, so i was not going to spend that additional money for a pantry and a lighting fixture upgrade. Also i think you gain a second outside awning on the 303 as well. If you looking at only a 3,800k difference in the two, then the 303 would be my choice. Hope this helps..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the 303 for the pantry and the access to the fridge with the slides in.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    We went with the 303 for the pantry and the access to the fridge with the slides in.
    Hi,
    Dans point is a good one as well, you can access the fridge, pantry, bath and bedroom with the slides in. for the 29RS, you cannot access the fridge with slides in, fridge is on the opposite side of the trailer. This is a good point if your traveling and need to access the fridge, like for a overnighter and not able to open the trailer up..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife and I own a 303RLS and are snowbirds in the winter and throughout the summer months do alot of 2 week trips. We have yet to utilize the full storage capacity of the 303RLS, cabinets over the theater seating are empty along with the headboard and nightstand cabinets in the bedroom. The one feature we have that I would miss is the bedroom walkthrough to the bathroom, less banging into walls in the dark for those midnight pee's With the truck you have and the minimal difference in floorplan between the two units I am going to recommend you choose the 295RL. We in the past owned a setup where our numbers were at their maximums and my wife was the one that said enough is enough, "trailer first then buy the right truck to handle it". She grew tired everywhere we went of hearing "we can't get that or bring that we don't have room in our numbers". The icing on the cake came in Houston traveling home and some guy dove in front of me to escape traffic backup in his lane. I was already hard on the brakes because of the slow down but he took my safety margin away and I was forced to stand on it, there wasn't much more there and the truck struggled to hold the trailers weight. We made it but I knew then we didn't have enough truck. So not ever wanting to be in that situation or put anyone else in the same boat, there is not enough difference between the two trailers for you to place yourself in a bad fit, go with the 295RL you won't look back!
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...editprofilepic
    2019 Grand Design 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 I6 Cummins Diesel
    Tottenham, ON Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jimposey, I merged the 2 threads you started together. Please start only one thread on a subject, it helps keep the board easier to navigate especially when searching.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast