User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pull our 2016 303RLS behind 2017 3/4 F250 diesel with tow package and added air bags. Never know the 303 is behind us. We normally keep our water tank at about 1/3, unless we are dry camping. We looked at the 295 and 303. The extra space is definitely worth it. Go for it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the tow load people have valid points on the pure numbers, check out the differences in the units. The new 295RL now has auto-leveling and solar prep. We picked the 295 because it has pocket door on both the bedroom and bathroom. The closet appears to be exactly the same width and also has 3 large drawers under. The new 295RL has an upgraded fridge to 8cft. For me the final issue was height, I have a space to store mine in the winter that is 12ft 4in. Without the second air conditioner, we are still at 12ft.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkhwkpilot74 View Post
    The 303 pin weight is 1725 as listed on the website.
    That's always the weight (plus/minus a few) for the trailer coming out of the factory, with a pin weight of round about 15% of GVWR. They assume you will load it such that the weight distribution comes to 80% on the axles and 20% on the pin. That's the ideal for the frame and stability of the ride.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeenGone View Post
    That's always the weight (plus/minus a few) for the trailer coming out of the factory, with a pin weight of round about 15% of GVWR. They assume you will load it such that the weight distribution comes to 80% on the axles and 20% on the pin. That's the ideal for the frame and stability of the ride.
    Just for reference... My tiny 220RK has a GVWR of 8995 yet my pin scales at 1900 lbs which is a hair over 21%.

I would imagine the larger fifth wheels that are longer (between the front axle and pin) would have an even higher percentage on the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course, there's a plus and minus for those values. It doesn't mean your rig will fall apart when you get a 21 or 22% pin weight. There's always some leeway (as is in the truck). The problem for the designers of a fifth wheel is that they only can guess what you're going to stuff into your rig. The only thing they can guarantee is the factory weight. Same is true for a truck that's why the door sticker is the ultimate go-to for available payload.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    303 is fine on my 2014 250.

Payload on the 250 is artificially low.
    Same for Ram. The AllPar site run by anonymous Chrysler Dodge engineers claims payload numbers are dictated by comfort more than capabilities.

Fortunately in Texas the only number you can’t legally exceed is the GCVWR.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like this thread to have more current posts as I am a NEWBIE Shopper

Own a 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Long Bed Single Rear Tire

Would also like to have comments on what USED Fifth Wheel Hitch to Look
    for as there are MANY available on Craigs and FB

Thanks, Chuck S Auburn,WA

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CamarosRus View Post
    I would like this thread to have more current posts as I am a NEWBIE Shopper

Own a 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Long Bed Single Rear Tire

Would also like to have comments on what USED Fifth Wheel Hitch to Look
    for as there are MANY available on Craigs and FB

Thanks, Chuck S Auburn,WA
    I think you might benefit more by startng your own new thread. That will get you more current useful information
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already did start a NEW Thread in the Reflection 5th Wheel Section....but it hasnt gained too much traction ..................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 29RS. The few things I wish we had.
    * A pantry. We are full time, and not having a pantry is very hard.
    * The steps up to the bath and bedroom, are just too high. Only two steps up, and we both have knee and hip problems. Luckily, we called GD, and they sent me the blue prints to making the three steps!
    * The placement of the refrigerator, and the size of the refrigerator. The fridge is located in the kitchen slide, and at the other end of the stove. Which means, I have to put out a slide just to get to the refrigerator. Plus I wish it was a double door fridge.
    * But my biggest pet peeve, is I cannot see out into my campsite. The windows and the main slide are on the back side, and you are looking over the neighbors camp.
    But it was what we could get into at the time we purchased it. We got lucky to find an unused, used GD Reflection 29RS, and I can’t be more happy. Our full time RV dream began inFebruary, and we only argue when we park there[emoji2356]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast