Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pat And Rose from Wisconsin

Hello,
    My wife arose and I are purchasing a fifth wheel or tt this spring in preparation for retirement. We love to travel but hate hotel rooms. This seems like the perfect solution. It’s just the two of us so we are look8ng at couples coaches. More specifically, we are torn between the following GD products:

Imagine 2670 MK, we love the layout and the desk.

Reflection 297 RSTS, we love the layout but the length concerns us. We plan to use a ProPride hitch to tow and that adds additional length.

Reflection 295RLS, we like the layout.

Reflection 29RS, this is my wife’s favorite, with the 2670MK as a close second.n She loves everything about it. I like it too, the problem is I like all 4 for different reasons.

Before anyone asks... I’ve run the numbers through Fords worksheet and KYDs spreadsheet. All four can be pulled safely by our 2019 F250 Superduty, 6.7 L diesel. We plan to use a ProPride hitch if it is a tt and an Anderson Ultimate hitch if it is a fifth wheel.

We have been to Burlington RV in Sturtevant WI and The GD dealer in Green Bay to look at the different models.

This is going to be a tough decision as we only want to do it once. Any thoughts on trailers or dealers would be greatly appreciated.

Pat and Rose
    Wisconsin
    Pat and Rose
    2019 F-250 XLT 6.7 L diesel, long box

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pick the 29RS, happy wife, happy life [emoji6]

On a side note, if you can actually sit inside each one for an hour or so and imagine your normal routines and see how each one fits your needs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I own a 2670MK with a ProPride, and really, really like it. That said, if I had the truck, I would have a 29RS in a heartbeat! Why? Overall length! Less tail to wag the dog on the road, and better opportunities to fit in more campsites! I had a Jayco fifth that was the same length as the 29RS, and we have found here in Minn. (and the few places we've been in Wisc!) that odds of finding a state park site you not only can fit into but actually get into, go up. The 2670 sticks out a long way, making backing into some sites on narrow roads with lots of brush/trees quite challenging. The 29RS will still require you plan out which site you may be able to get into, but it won't be as restrictive....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHoppe View Post

This is going to be a tough decision as we only want to do it once. Any thoughts on trailers or dealers would be greatly appreciated.

Pat and Rose
    Wisconsin
    I just purchased a new GD from the above mentioned dealer in GB. My advice, check out the dealer in Wisconsin Rapids. Their price was 3K lower for the exact same RV. They simply gave me their lowest price from the start. I had to negotiate with the GB dealer back and forth. If you want the lowest price from the start, go to Rapids dealer. Only reason why I bought from Green Bay was that I was able to negotiate them down once I showed them the other quote and they are located closer to where I live for service. Here is the catch, the GB dealer has pretty much made excuses and dropped the ball ever since I signed the dotted line. I did not get that impression from the Rapids dealer. They seemed to be a lot more honest from the get go. I'm kind of regretting my purchase from the GB dealer. They quoted me $380 for an install on an onboard surge protector. Other local RV dealers quoted me between $120 and $240 at most for the exact same install. I feel that the GB dealer is trying to make up the money they lost on the sale on their service work. This is simply just my feelings on it. I still like my sales rep even though I feel I have caught him/her in a couple of white lies. You just have be be extremely careful of the typical car salesman tactics. If I had to do it over again, I probably would have purchased in Wisconsin Rapids. Plus, if you need to have work done and you are going to full time, they will make exceptions and let you stay overnight on their lot in your RV during the repairs. GB dealer will not allow you to do that due to insurance liability issues. You can see who really services you as a customer and who doesn't. And if anyone from GD or the GB dealership is reading this, only thing I will say is "treat your customers right and honestly every time and you will sell more RV's."

As far as a model is concerned. That is a very personal choice you will have to make. I personally do not like any floor plan where the dining room table sits next to the sewer zone and there aren't any good windows to look out on the street/camp side of the rig. That's my personal feeling on it and I know it isn't shared by all. Get what you feel you would be most comfortable in. Buy it once and don't get too small or too big of one. Sit in them for at least an hour each. You will know which one is right for you.

Mine happens to be a 337RLS being towed by a 1 ton SRW Diesel with 3500lbs+ payload and I still feel like I might be pushing it so I'm going to have to be extremely careful when I load her up.

Hope I have helped
    Last edited by Gainestr; 10-05-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, all great points. Service is important. It is more than just buying a rig.
    Pat
    Pat and Rose

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent idea, we will sit in them for awhile. Yes, happy wife, happy life.
    Pat
    Pat and Rose

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent point, thanks for your insight.
    Pat
    Pat and Rose