User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Does everyone else know what those are? We pulled in late to an overnight stay last summer and our spigot had one on it. We thought the owners had put it there, so we didn’t remove it. It leaked like a sieve, so we only turned on the faucet when we wanted to use water. Turns out, previous campers left it behind. In the morning, owners told us we could remove it and throw it away. Never saw one before, and do they come in different pressure ratings?
    N
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Camco-Br...0055/205518953

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Most of the "fixed" ones like that are designed to keep you between 40-50 pounds. There are adjustable models.
    Yes, that’s what we have. A lot bigger and heavier. Didn’t know what that little gizmo was til now. Thanks.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to get a regulator with a pressure gauge. Better safe than sorry.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I hook up at sites with water I use a 'Y' 1st at the hose bib then on one end I use a PSI regulator with gauge. On the other 1/2 of the 'Y' I use a back flow device and then run my black tank rinse hose off that. Having a 'Y' on the water post allows me to use a 2nd hose for washing the MTN bikes, black tank rinse, or whatever else. I usually just have a spray nozzle on the end of it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camco recommends between 40 and 60psi max

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased an adjustable regulator and intend to use it on one side of a "Y" set for 50 #, the other side will have the black hose attached to it without regulation. I'm 99% sure there is a black flow prevention method in the black tank clean out line. Our old Keystone had a simple loop of pex line pushed up an inside wall.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    When I hook up at sites with water I use a 'Y' 1st at the hose bib then on one end I use a PSI regulator with gauge. On the other 1/2 of the 'Y' I use a back flow device and then run my black tank rinse hose off that. Having a 'Y' on the water post allows me to use a 2nd hose for washing the MTN bikes, black tank rinse, or whatever else. I usually just have a spray nozzle on the end of it.
    I put the regulator first (adjustable with a guage set at 60 psi) and then the Y. That way both hoses are regulated.

https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-Pressu...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    Last edited by akgourmet; 10-13-2019 at 01:12 PM. Reason: added link
    Bill & Lisa
    2013 Ford F350 Platinum diesel
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to know what the water pressure is at your site get a water pressure gauge. I have a Rainbird and it has worked great for years. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rain-Bir...-P2A/100575619 Also other brands out there.

I have found campgrounds from 25 to 110 psi. The gauge gives you an idea of the pressures you are working with. Water pressure regulators with a gauge tell you what pressure you are delivering to the trailer and not what is provided by the campground. Also if you have a gauge you can test your brass water pressure regulator to see what pressure is actually being delivered.

Jamie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12