Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 310GK-R Fridge Question

Since this has residential fridge, how do you run the fridge while traveling? Does it come with an inverter?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it comes with a inverter, which will power the fridge from the batteries when not plugged in. When you shut off power from the pedestal the inverter will automatically kick in to provide power to the fridge.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, how many batteries and how far can you go?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the tow vehicle provides charging to the RV batteries you could, theoretically, go as far as you want. We've towed for up to 8 hours without a problem.

I changed out my batteries and inverter and can dry camp for over 24 hours without a problem. But we don't. If dry camping, which we've only done only a few times and only for 2 days at most, we run a Honda 2000i for about 3 hours in the morning and maybe 3 in the evening to keep the batteries charged.

You won't have any problems with the residential frig when traveling. We are also able to keep our rig at home when not traveling so we keep it plugged in all the time and leave many items in the frig so we don't have to completely empty it between travels.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Since the tow vehicle provides charging to the RV batteries you could, theoretically, go as far as you want. We've towed for up to 8 hours without a problem.

I changed out my batteries and inverter and can dry camp for over 24 hours without a problem. But we don't. If dry camping, which we've only done only a few times and only for 2 days at most, we run a Honda 2000i for about 3 hours in the morning and maybe 3 in the evening to keep the batteries charged.

You won't have any problems with the residential frig when traveling. We are also able to keep our rig at home when not traveling so we keep it plugged in all the time and leave many items in the frig so we don't have to completely empty it between travels.
    What did you change your batteries to?
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    Thanks, how many batteries and how far can you go?
    If I recall correctly the Samsung residential fridge in our 310GK draws about 3-amps, add roughly another 3-amps for the inverter and the draw is roughly 6-amps per hour. If you have the original batteries supplied, they are likely AGM batteries offering roughly 200 Amp hour, considering with AGM and lead acid batteries it is not advisable to draw down below 50%, so 100-Ah. Assuming you are 100% charged upon leaving you should get about 16 hours before needing to re-charge, so unless you are doing a super marathon drive you should be fine. If you want to boondock you will definitely need to consider adding more battery, how much depends on your goals.

Since the tow vehicle provides charging to the RV batteries you could, theoretically, go as far as you want.
    Not completely true. Yes the tow vehicle provides some charging but very little as the wire gauge is too thin and the run to the batteries is too long to provide meaningful charging. I would not rely on vehicle charging, better practice to beef up battery capacity and charging capability.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    What did you change your batteries to?
    I took the 2 12v wet cells out and put in 4 Durracell 6v AGMs. I sort of would like 2 12v lithiums for the weight savings but those thing are really expensive. Maybe when I have to change out the AGMs. I like the AGMs (or Lithiums) because they are maintenance free and you can pretty much install them and forget about them.
    Larry KE4DMG

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the 2 12v wet cells out and put in 4 Durracell 6v AGMs. I sort of would like 2 12v lithiums for the weight savings but those thing are really expensive. Maybe when I have to change out the AGMs. I like the AGMs (or Lithiums) because they are maintenance free and you can pretty much install them and forget about them.
    Space etc?
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    Space etc?
    JMCFAN,
    not exactly sure what the question is about space....

the 4 AGMs take more space but there is plenty of that in the bay. Actually I just finished rearranging things in the front bay after being on the road for almost 6 months.. from left to right looking in the bay I have the 4 batteries, a 26" tool chest, and 2 Honda 2000i generators. All that pretty much takes all of the space from one side to the other.

If the question was whether I'd prefer the lithiums to save space, yes, that would help, but it would be more of a weight savings thing with me; saving space being a bonus.
    Larry KE4DMG

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JMCFAN,
    not exactly sure what the question is about space....

the 4 AGMs take more space but there is plenty of that in the bay. Actually I just finished rearranging things in the front bay after being on the road for almost 6 months.. from left to right looking in the bay I have the 4 batteries, a 26" tool chest, and 2 Honda 2000i generators. All that pretty much takes all of the space from one side to the other.

If the question was whether I'd prefer the lithiums to save space, yes, that would help, but it would be more of a weight savings thing with me; saving space being a bonus.
    I have generator so was worried about space... you have pic... I need to do this!!
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast