Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the inverter will run on 310gk r but in mine I had to turn inverter on mine is in the front of the cabinet that controls are in. I assume you can leave inverter on. In order for truck to charge you must have head lights on. I added a duravolt with magnetic attachment fits on pin. I ran mine for 5 hours when I checked it and batteries were full.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travel View Post
    Yes the inverter will run on 310gk r but in mine I had to turn inverter on mine is in the front of the cabinet that controls are in. I assume you can leave inverter on. In order for truck to charge you must have head lights on. I added a duravolt with magnetic attachment fits on pin. I ran mine for 5 hours when I checked it and batteries were full.
    I always have to turn my inverter on as soon as I disconnect shore power...??
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here I have to turn mine on when I disconnect then I turn it off on I have shore power

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have never waited... but dont think it will turn on by itself...??
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Setting Up Camp BuddyLovesCamping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    Since this has residential fridge, how do you run the fridge while traveling? Does it come with an inverter?
    In my rig the inverter was switched off when I got it, so the 'frig didn't run while traveling. Look under the cabinet in the vicinity of where your control panel is. You should find the inverter remote switch. When the switch is on you'll see a green light next to it. You'll also hear the inverter fan turn on. And, of course, if the inverter is on, the 'frig light will come on when you open the door. No light = not on, which means the inverter remote switch is off.

Most of these rigs come with a single wet cell battery. If you got two batteries, consider yourself lucky. You'll need no less than two wet cells (~160-200Amp total) to make it through the night without over-discharging your batteries.
    I've installed six wet cells, only because I already had them from an old solar project. When they die I'll replace with something better -- definitely lithium if I can afford it, but otherwise 6V AGM's.

I travel with a Champion 3400W portable generator with remote start, so I don't have to put my bunny slippers on to go start it in the morning. I run it about 3 hrs in the morning and about the same at night, which keeps the batteries topped off and supplies all my other needs as well (like coffee, microwave, computer wifi stuff, and TV).
    Ken, Suzi & Buddy (Sporgi - Spaniel/Corgi)
    Dallas, OR
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 344GK-R
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L, CC, LB, DRW, 4x4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 310GK-R and if I leave with the batteries fully charged, when I arrive they are still fully charged (according to the light panel). I know the light panel is not that accurate but the batteries are receiving some charging from the truck. However, I usually do not drive more than 300 miles in a day. I have two 6-volt batteries which have 250 amp hours capacity. When I dry camp I add an additional 2 batteries which give me 500 amp hours capacity. When dry camping I also carry two 2000 watt generators and a 200 watt solar panel. That gives me plenty of capacity to run one air conditioner and charge the batteries when needed. Overnight with everything running my battery charge never goes below 2/3 charged.

Note to traveldwag -- Have you ever checked your pin weight? With all of that weight (generators, 4 batteries, tools) in your front bay and I assume a loaded basement, your pin weight will likely exceed the allowable for your truck, even a 1 ton (unless it is a dually).
    Jim and Sandi
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017Ram2500 Laramie HD 6.4 Hemi Andersen Hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12