User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to agree on using Klasse, have been using it for yrs on my vehicles and 5th wheels. The all in one can last for up to 6 mths and the high gloss sealant for up to a yr. Actually mix the sealant with a good detailer at a ratio of 6 to 1 and use it as a detail spray that just builds the protection. 1 oz klasse to 6 oz of detailer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Save yourself a lot of money and just use this: https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-50.../dp/B07NW9D8FG For less than $10.00 bucks you can do your whole trailer. Maybe twice. Its great!
    Last edited by billdean; 10-08-2019 at 07:08 PM.
    2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummings Diesel
    2020 Momentum 320g
    Magnum 3000 Watt Inverter/Charger, RC-50 Remote, 1200 Watts Solar, Morningstar TriStar 60 Amp MPPT Solar Charge Controller With Remote Digital Meter

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Mittan View Post
    When we picked up our new 303RLS the dealer pushed very hard to get us to pay thousands for a third party finish protection. My inclination is always to resist dealer add ons. Since the sale it's been in my mind. Will I wind up regretting the decision as my finish fades or peels? It seems like Grand Design should be high enough quality that I don't have to rely on an expensive third party product or risk my finish.
    Comments?
    The finish protection the dealer was selling for lots of $$$ is typically referred to in the detailing trade as a coating, typically a ceramic or similar chemical component. The difference between these products and waxes or sealants is these coatings will typically last a minimum of 3 years and often times more and are very expensive products to buy. As an example I spent $100.00 in product to do a 1/2 ton truck I had a few years ago which I did myself. Also, because these products are so effective n sealing the paint, ti do the job properly requires extensive preparation and should be done indoors because any surface imperfections will become sealed. This is not a case that you should have the dealer do, to the contrary because first they will likely charge considerably more than fair and you would be hard pressed to determine if it was actually done. If this is of interest to you, rather than go through the dealer I would shop around with professional detaillers and/or RV body shops. It will still be expensive, but you are more likely to be charged fairly and receive a proper application.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Protection = Profits

You can always use car wax on it. Some of the new finishes are much easier to use than in the past.

Many use Zep floor protector on their RV's.
    Questionable it is much better protection to use a marine/rv wax or sealant which will bond correctly with typical RV surfaces, the exception being RV's with full paint. As far as Zep floor protector I have heard this before but makes no sense since floor protection is an indoor product, UV is not an issue and UV is a big part of what you want to protect your RV's and vehicles from. Generally one hears from folks who use Zep floor protection how shiny or glossy it makes the RV which I suspect is true, but the important thing is to protect the RV from UV rays, road grime, bugs etc. Far better to use quality products specific to the application.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    Did you say thousands? Wow, you could get it painted for that much and never have to touch it except to wash it. These dealers are con men. Anyway, I have tried many different products over the years and recommend the Blackfire line. Easy on/ off right over decals and lasts for quite awhile, great on vehicles too. I use this for the TT because it cleans the finish also:https://www.amazon.com/Blackfire-Pro...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

After washing with Dawn or Simple Green I use this on vehicles:https://www.amazon.com/Blackfire-Pro...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

As with any polish or wax use a washing agent that is gentle and states "Won't remove wax".
    Simple Green [tm], when used undiluted, does a fair job of stripping wax. We use the undiluted stuff occasionally on our kitchen floor. It does work great for taking bugs/etc off the front of a vehicle...but the wax may go with the bugs/gunk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you say thousands? Wow, you could get it painted for that much and never have to touch it except to wash it. These dealers are con men. Anyway, I have tried many different products over the years and recommend the Blackfire line. Easy on/ off right over decals and lasts for quite awhile, great on vehicles too. I use this for the TT because it cleans the finish also:https://www.amazon.com/Blackfire-Pro...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

After washing with Dawn or Simple Green I use this on vehicles:https://www.amazon.com/Blackfire-Pro...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

As with any polish or wax use a washing agent that is gentle and states "Won't remove wax".
    My understanding is that Dawn does remove was.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is that Dawn removes wax.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Sealer called Seal and Glo sold by RV Tech easy to use Spray on Micro Fiber Towel wipe on and wipe off do not wait to haze. if you end up with streaks or dull area use a damp cloth wipe and dry. you will not believe the protection and shine. i have used every polish on the market this is the best and easiest i have found. i buy by the gallon last a long time. i also usit on my truck and cars.
    eddieOB
    2022 Imagine
    tow vehicle 2019 F150

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget the protection films they sell. Instead, use Wash Wax All, a one step was and wax product perfect for RVs - also used on commercial airliners.
    Ray & Debbie Giese
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 295RL Fifth Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab
    Former Airstream & Diesel Pusher Owner

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoRay View Post
    Forget the protection films they sell. Instead, use Wash Wax All, a one step was and wax product perfect for RVs - also used on commercial airliners.
    2x here as well !
    Oh and their was brush is well worth the price ��
    Last edited by Conner58; 04-17-2023 at 09:08 AM.
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl
    1236 ah of Sok lithium 1200 watts of solar.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! Buy the bundle that includes the mop heads and extension pole - well worth it! Wash Wax All works well with my GD 295RL. The gallon will clean and wax my RV at least three times. The method is easy using the mop heads and pole, and I can finish my RV in about an hour.
    Ray & Debbie Giese
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 295RL Fifth Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab
    Former Airstream & Diesel Pusher Owner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast