User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What compares to 310GK

We are considering the 310GK and was wondering if other folks considered other brands in a similar size and quality. So far, we have not found anything that compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the closest RV is the Montana 3120RL. That model is what we almost bought instead of the 310GK. Couple of things made us shy away. The A/C's are Dometic 15k Whisper Quiet; however, I feel the Coleman Mach direct venting works better. We looked a 3 different Montana 3120RL's, had them all connected to power and something major was wrong with each one. Even though the dealer said they would fix the issue, going into a problem did not feel like the right decision. Plus the dealer put the wrong slide toppers on and were not what I specified, so, we backed out.

We are very happy we went with the 310GK, more windows in the living area, the retractable TV is nice, more room around the king bed, pocket door for the bathroom, and the 310GK has more cabinet space -IMO. Back to the extra windows on the kitchen side of the camper, I did not think much about it at first but having the windows while you are in a nice campsite gives you a great 270 degree open feeling bringing the outside in. We are so glad we have the windows, its a small thing that make a big difference. My wife and I are very happy with 310GK and feel we made the right choice.
    Last edited by Grand Rocky; 10-06-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowbug View Post
    We are considering the 310GK and was wondering if other folks considered other brands in a similar size and quality. So far, we have not found anything that compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 310Gk, Montana 3610RL and Big Horn 3160EL were our short list. Each had (slight) pros and cons. Overall,we just liked the feel of the 310GK a little better and it was the lowest price of the three, so we when with it. In general, we have been very happy with the trailer.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I forgot about the Big Horn 3160EL. We looked at that coach as well; however, one of our main consideration was to stay under 35 feet to be less restrictive on the places we travel to. This gives us a tail length of about 30-31 feet which allows for many State and Fed parks. Plus I already have the truck for the 310GK and our storage parking spot is 35 feet, but could have cheated and gone over a little. The Big Horn 3160EL is 36'5" tip to tail - that might have been cheating too much.

I don't know if Keystone makes the Montana 3610RL any longer, can't remember seeing that one but I'm sure it is longer too. The 310GK is nimble, for me it is the perfect size for the two of us and the dog.

Another consideration is the new GD Reflection 337RL or 303RL if you like that rear living style of layout. The new color schemes of these are really nice and we actually debated heavily on the 337RL - it is about $10k savings over the 310GK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also looked at Montana 3120RL

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post
    Probably the closest RV is the Montana 3120RL. That model is what we almost bought instead of the 310GK. Couple of things made us shy away. The A/C's are Dometic 15k Whisper Quiet; however, I feel the Coleman Mach direct venting works better. We looked a 3 different Montana 3120RL's, had them all connected to power and something major was wrong with each one. Even though the dealer said they would fix the issue, going into a problem did not feel like the right decision. Plus the dealer put the wrong slide toppers on and were not what I specified, so, we backed out.

We are very happy we went with the 310GK, more windows in the living area, the retractable TV is nice, more room around the king bed, pocket door for the bathroom, and the 310GK has more cabinet space -IMO. Back to the extra windows on the kitchen side of the camper, I did not think much about it at first but having the windows while you are in a nice campsite gives you a great 270 degree open feeling bringing the outside in. We are so glad we have the windows, its a small thing that make a big difference. My wife and I are very happy with 310GK and feel we made the right choice.
    We too looked at the Montana 3120RL and it was a tough decision. The Pocket door in the bathroom and the window above the headboard and the windows in the living area is what tipped it for us. We've had it since June 2019 and have over 4500 cross country miles (40+ nights) with only minor issues. We absolutely love it!
    Dave & Sharon
    Macomb, MI
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    2019 Ford F350 Longbed SRW 6.7 Diesel
    Reese M5 20k Puck mounted

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had looked into the Tiffin Vanleigh Vilano fifth wheels, but never did find one "in person" to look at near us. The 320GK looks almost identical to my 310GK. If the customer service on those is anything like what I have read for their motorhomes, they are real contenders. The newer "Beacon" line is a step up from the Vilano, the Beacon 34RLB has similar dimensions to the 310 GK.
    Rob M
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    We had looked into the Tiffin Vanleigh Vilano fifth wheels, but never did find one "in person" to look at near us. The 320GK looks almost identical to my 310GK. If the customer service on those is anything like what I have read for their motorhomes, they are real contenders. The newer "Beacon" line is a step up from the Vilano, the Beacon 34RLB has similar dimensions to the 310 GK.
    Rob M
    We saw the Vanleigh's at the Tampa RV show. It does appear that Vanleigh copies GD. We didn't like the feel of them though. What I mean by that is when you start to do things like opening the cabinets. When you open the cabinet's they wobble, like they are cheap and thin. Didn't get the feeling of liking them like I do with the GD products.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our book, nothing compares - we absolutely love our 310GK-R. Prior to buying we did look at Montana & Van Leigh Vilano but eventually dropped Montana from the short list because of many reports their build quality over the last couple years dropped and because of a high customer service dissatisfaction reporting. We went back and forth between the Van Leigh (forget the model) and our 310GK-R. What ultimately tipped the scale in favor of the 310GK-R is a significantly larger fresh water capacity, important to us since we prefer boondocking. We love the kitchen layout with very generous counter space, the large and many windows.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 2930 is close as well.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at the Montana and Vilano before we bought our 2018 Solitude 310GK-R. (The features and quality in the Solitude is better than the lower priced Reflection). We didn't want to go beyond 35 feet and found the 310 floor plan to be the best (which has now been copied by several other manufacturers). Our friends have a 40 ft. Tiffin Class A motorhome ($500k list price) and loved the quality in it. Even though the Vilano is made by the sons of the Tiffin company owner, the quality is not nearly like the Tiffin and is not as good as the Solitude GD310. The Vilano is not made in the same factory as the Tiffin. The price of the Vilano is higher and finding a dealer is tough. Most Tiffin dealers didn't carry the Vilano. Our dealer in Salt Lake carries Grand Design (their #1 5th wheel brand) and other 5th wheel brands plus Tiffin Class A motor homes. They do not carry Vilano or Montana because they like the Grand Design models better and the GD customer service much better. After traveling over 12,000 miles in two years in our 310, we have had minimal problems and when we did have a problem, we could always get GD on the phone and get the problem resolved quickly. Bigger isn't always better. We don't RV full time and have found the 310 to have ample storage for our needs. I am pulling it with a Ram 2500 HD 6.4 liter Hemi. The 310 is well within the load capabilities of that truck when fully loaded (about 14,000 lbs.). I did add a rack on the back bumper (full width) with a box into which I put my heavy items (two 2000 watt generators, tools, chairs, TV dish, etc.). This keeps my pin weight below 2700 lbs. which is the limit for my truck (and about any other HD truck except a dually). On the road I have seen many 5th wheels (mostly full timers) that were way overloaded to the extent that their pin weights had to exceed 3300-3500 lbs. We love our Solitude 310 and would recommend it to anyone (unless you are traveling with 4 or more kids).
    Jim and Sandi
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017Ram2500 Laramie HD 6.4 Hemi Andersen Hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast