Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaking Lipperts

Good morning,

Well........... After using the landing gear for only the second time here at the house, I've noticed that two of six of the hydraulic jacks are leaking and or weeping down the shaft to the foot. I'm assuming that I can get this fixed under warranty since the trailer is two weeks new but, how often does this happen and is there an easy fix to this issue??

The two lipperts that are leaking are the drivers side mid and rear.

Test date on all the Jacks were 10-4- 2018

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    [B]2019 376TH
    Ford F-350 SRW 6.7 Pusher
    Firestone in-cab air bag system
    Hensley TS3 Trailer Saver

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry that you are having an issue with your jacks. First question is, are you sure that the seals are the culprits? If not, use brake cleaner to clean the entire jack and shaft and then cycle it. Also, check your connections. If you find that any connections are loose, don't tighten them, but remove them and check your o-rings as if they are barely loose, it will destroy the o-rings. They are available at a hydraulic shop or NAPA type stores. If you find that it is the seals, call LCI customer service and they can help you. They will want to start a claim and ask for pictures. From there, they work on getting you the parts if you are comfortable doing the replacement or helping coordinate with your dealer to get it resolved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see where it would be leaking anywhere else. The hydraulic lines above, do not show any leaking at this point. If memory serves me, there is a main seal at the piston along with what they call a dust seal. I will take another look in the AM to see if they are still weeping. In the meantime, I think I will raise and lower a few more times to see what they look like.

I did follow the advise of cleaning the piston shafts with brake clean along with a soft cloth.

Wish me luck.......

Thank you,
    [B]2019 376TH
    Ford F-350 SRW 6.7 Pusher
    Firestone in-cab air bag system
    Hensley TS3 Trailer Saver