Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wheel lift

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wheel lift

Hello, does anyone ever lift the wheel(s) off the ground on one side of trailer by using the electric jacks? This is only temporary for repacking wheel bearings, changing tire, ect. & of course using a jack stand for safety.
    Thanks!
    JP

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, seems to work just fine. On ours I have to lift both sides to keep it somewhat level or the auto level system will stop from getting it too far off level.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    Yep, seems to work just fine. On ours I have to lift both sides to keep it somewhat level or the auto level system will stop from getting it too far off level.
    Ahhh, makes sense to lift both sides.
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lift one side at a time without issues. When my 303 is auto-leveled, the tires are probably only 80% loaded anyway and just a few pushes on one side in manual mode lifts the tires clear on that side. I guess I feel there is extra stability by leaving one side touching, however lightly. I just did this recently to rotate my tires. My location requires a hard left 180 turn every time I come and go so a simple front to back on each side keeps the tires shoulders wearing evenly.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    I lift one side at a time without issues. When my 303 is auto-leveled, the tires are probably only 80% loaded anyway and just a few pushes on one side in manual mode lifts the tires clear on that side. I guess I feel there is extra stability by leaving one side touching, however lightly. I just did this recently to rotate my tires. My location requires a hard left 180 turn every time I come and go so a simple front to back on each side keeps the tires shoulders wearing evenly.
    I like hearing that. So next questions: when you rotate front to back, I assume back to front on same side....no cross rotation? & How often?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
    I like hearing that. So next questions: when you rotate front to back, I assume back to front on same side....no cross rotation? & How often?
    Front to back on same side...you can see how during sharp turns the tires tilt opposite each other. The outside on the front one and the inside of the rear one are getting scrubbed pretty good. It is pretty obvious when having to turn the same way every time. I would prefer not to have to make turns that sharp, but it's just not avoidable in my current situation.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front to back on same side...you can see how during sharp turns the tires tilt opposite each other. The outside on the front one and the inside of the rear one are getting scrubbed pretty good. It is pretty obvious when having to turn the same way every time. I would prefer not to have to make turns that sharp, but it's just not avoidable in my current situation.
    Gotcha, Thanks for the info ;-)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my concern, and i am not sure how I would do it with my 3.0 leveling 6 way system. With the RV auto leveled, I don't think you can manually control the mid jacks from the control panel. I think I would have to select retract all rear jacks to get the mid jacks up. Then manually run just the rear jacks back down. Then say I want to change one of the tires on the left side, I guess in manual mode hold the left and front and rear buttons to raise the left side until the tires just clear the ground. I wonder how much pressure is being forced on the right side front and rear jacks when raising the left side?
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humm! Interesting! I was told never use the auto leveling jacks to raise the tires off the ground for maintenance or site leveling.

I also use blocks to level the trailer, left to right side, before using the auto level.

Guess I’m old school!

Guess I’ll give your way a try, thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do it all the time, before a trip pick it, give the wheels a spin, listen for noises, or play in the bearings, inspect the tires etc. Ive repacked bearings that way also, but one wheel at a time and don't
    get under it. If a line were to blow it will settle onto the remaining wheels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast